Quality Assurance Engineer at Rite Aid
Quality Assurance Engineer
- United States
- Corporate – Information Services
The IT organization within Rite Aid has a challenging and exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer. The primary purpose of this position is to assist Technology Services Development management with building and running automated QA capabilities for the quality delivery of applications, enhancements, and maintenance by testing systems and new software prior to “go-live” implementation.
Experience / Requirements
- Develop and maintain testing environments to replicate corporate- and store-level systems. Identify issues found during the testing process and notify programmers.
- Identify and drive opportunities for new automated QA capabilities
- Utilize the QA automation tools to create and run performance testing across all platfor
- Work with assigned project teams to satisfy system requirements; interact effectively with programming staff, technical writers, and business partners to accomplish testing goals.
- Document test plans according to system specifications / requirements.
- All test plans are run and recorded within the QA defect tracking tool.
- Attend project meetings with business partners to understand the full impact of the new functionality being requested, built internally or being delivered from third party vendors
- Own and be accountable for test strategy, test planning, and test execution
- Participate in product design reviews.
- Translate user stories and requirements to test cases.
- Uncover issues by debugging the application through logs, stack traces and test results and continuous monitoring of systems under test.
- Effectively document testing phases, identifying, and recording defects, bugs, errors, and other associated issues.
- Experience with backend and frontend services automated testing tools such UiPath/eggplant/Infosys Open Source Solution (iWATS).
- Healthcare, Pharmacy, and/or Medical experience is crucial.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Strong technical skills in Java/Kotlin/Spring/Git/No-SQL Databases/Docker/ELK stack/Messaging Platforms (e.g., Kafka).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer or similar role.
- Experience in software development is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering is strongly preferred.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!