Quality Assurance Engineer at Axelerant
Remote | International
Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Work from Anywhere
- Are you detail-oriented? Do you have a passion for ensuring quality for clients who trust their teams to take their business to the next level?
- Are you ready to join a growing group of quality assurance (QA) experts, filled with amazing and talented people? Want to ditch that commute and work from wherever you find comfortable?
- Axelerant is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer like you to join its team!
- The Quality Assurance Engineer at Axelerant works to ensure that all deliverables meet customer specifications.
The Quality Assurance Engineer has experience testing:
- Browser compatibility
- Mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Basic security
- Stability of site (load testing)
- Standard browser developer tools
- Basic UX
- Active participation in grooming each Jira issue
- Efficient and empathetic communication with stakeholders via Jira towards completing requirement gathering and building requirement clarity
- Review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable
- Adding Acceptance Criteria to the ticket and updating the assignee to Technical Analyst
- Identify and document defects when performing test execution in a fast-paced, fluid, and changing environment
- Develop test plans, review test cases, test scripts, and test reports for assigned projects
- Perform testing on different situations and scenarios to create appropriate reports
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process
- Adapt for automated testing
- Writing and using Behat scripts
- Writing and using visual regression
- Help improve automation tool and framework implementations
- Contribute to risk management
- Identify project risks relative to testing and implementation
- Help establish, execute, and evolve quality assurance processes and systems
- Not blindly follow industry best practices
- Determine effective testing and inspection strategies
- Confirm measurable test objectives are created for each tested system
- Fully document quality assurance defects: summary, mitigation, retrospectives, iterations
- Prevent silos and collaborate freely with stakeholders
- Provide thorough testing of projects before releasing to a production environment
- 3+ years of quality assurance experience
- Experience testing in a CMS environment, preferably Drupal, then WordPress
- Ability to manage multiple projects, split across several development teams
- Experience working within a digital agency style environment
- Disciplined in working remotely
- Demonstrated contributions to the quality assurance community
- Ability to utilize Virtual Machine testing environments
- Ability to understand SOW requirements and create test plans accordingly
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders regarding project status, and with the client or sales department with any questions regarding QA
- Automation experience for Front End, Functional and Framework
- Experience identifying possible UX issues
- Multi-desktop and mobile platform methodologies Windows, OSX, iOS, Android
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
- We began as an idea in 2005 to build a unique, work from anywhere professional services organization with empowering benefits for our team members.
- Today, we have achieved that and are continuously improving our career, feedback, performance, and recognition management programs. Further, leadership can happen by anyone, at any time from within Axelerant’s team.
- We’re a very collaborative bunch of enthusiastic achievers who are being open about how we’re doing it and kind to make people feel welcome in all that we do. So, when you’re excited about learning from and helping others you’ll find a great home here.
Discover the Axelerant Difference
- Axelerant is an open organization with fantastic team members and a rocking 4.8/5.0 Glassdoor rating. Our growing team of 100+ includes some of the best and brightest from around the world.
- Remote & Flexible
- All you need is a reliable Internet connection. Work from anywhere you’re comfortable and choose work hours to balance your life.
- Unique Culture
- Our culture is distinctive. We do everything in our power to create an empowered and fulfilling work environment for team members.
- Professional Development
- We’re always teaching and learning. Peer mentorship, life coaching, certifications, and training help our team members advance professionally.
- International Events
- We want you to attend events related to the things you care about. Get sponsored by us when you’re contributing to those events.
- Retreats & Meetups
- With annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations, we never let remote get in the way of work or fun.
- Leave Policy
- 52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
Powered by JazzHR
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!