Title: QA Engineer (US, Remote) (Remote)
Job Type: Contract
What will you be doing?
At NearForm, we work with international clients who are industry leaders in their respective fields. Our role is to help them build solutions and platforms; help them to launch new product ventures and fundamentally change how they operate.
Join a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team; typically consisting of designers, front-end and back-end experts, DevOps engineers, and also members of the client team. This mix follows a modern agile development methodology where we run 2-week sprints with a defined backlog, daily standups, weekly demos, sprint planning and sprint retros; all with as little ceremony as necessary.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs.
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
What do we ask of you?
- Proven experience working in a high performing software development team.
- Proven experience in software quality assurance.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
What will you get?
- Work/Life balance: we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Family-friendly: we understand how important family is, so our flexible environment allows you to work around what matters – school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: we offer resources and support and have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormer’s wellbeing.
- Knowledge perks: explore new hobbies, brush up on life skills or simply learn something new, there is something there for everyone.
Why do you want to join the team?
We adopt a person-first approach to hiring. That means we hire the best people it’s as simple as that. Our lucky HR team gets to pick the cream of the crop from around the world and has brought together a collection of dynamic and talented individuals we like to call NearFormers’.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. Building on our open source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.