Quality Assurance Engineer (Remote)
About Learning Machine
Learning Machine Technologies, architect of the Blockcerts open standard with the MIT Media Lab, is the world leader in blockchain credentialing and blockchain-based digital identity. Our approach to winning the market is: We change the world through principled architecture and customer success. As the only blockchain-based records provider in the world with an in-market product for multi-chain issuing and self-sovereign digital identity, our offering is revolutionizing the way business in all sectors issue and verify claims and the way individuals understand and use their digital identities.
Learning Machine is a startup in its second year of commercial operation with clients around the world. From the beginning, we have been revenue driven and enterprise focused. Our Enterprise SaaS product, the Learning Machine Federated Issuing System, allows governments, companies, and educational institutions to issue blockchain records at scale to any blockchain they choose.
Overview of QA Engineer (Remote)
We are seeking a driven, energetic, and team-oriented individual with strong
leadership skills to join our growing team. You will work collaboratively with our engineering team to produce quality software.
You will be responsible for owning product quality end-to-end, including:
- Develop a comprehensive plan for full stack testing
- Own testing of features at all levels including UI testing, API testing, integration with 3rd party services
- Work as part of the development team to discuss improvements to testability and to complement our existing integration tests
- Develop automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/Interface testing solutions, and other programmatic test tools as required to execute tests
- Integrate test automation into the entire SDLC, both from a process point of view, as well as, technical integration
- Create and maintain automation test scripts to aid in regression and integration testing.
- Build out nightly UI and integration tests
- Work closely with Product Owner and rest of development team to communicate progress, report issues, and metrics for both manual and automated testing.
- Ensuring the quality of features that are released to production
You are someone who has had experience :
- Working remotely
- With multiple technology stacks including .NET, REST APIs, SQL, Non SQL
- With features relying on AWS services such as S3, SQS
- Writing automated testing workflows and pipelines
- Doing manual testing and writing test scenarios
- Testing UI (Single and Multi Page Applications) and REST/SOAP services
- Incorporating automation into CI/CD pipelines
- With Selenium, TestCafe, and browser-based testing
- Operating in an Agile software development environment
You are someone who has:
- The ability to work remote, as the team is distributed (many are based in Dallas and Seattle) but currently we are a fully remote development team.
- 5+ years of QA experience with software testing
- Hands on database/SQL/No SQL experience
- Solid understanding of Automation Framework principles
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain defects to different audiences and work closely with team to get them fixed.
This role has the potential to grow into a leadership role, depending on the candidate’s interest.