Quality Assurance Engineer at LanguageLine Solutions
Quality Assurance Engineer
- US-CA Monterey Headquarters
- US Remote
- Full Time
Exciting career opportunities in the language access industry are waiting for you at LanguageLine Solutions. Whether you work in the corporate office, in one of our satellite offices, at our Interpreting Call Centers, or work from home, you can help make a difference in someone’s life every second of every day.
At LanguageLine Solutions, we are committed to total and complete client satisfaction and looking for individuals to participate in developing, testing, and enhancing world-class technology solutions for both our internal and external customers. We are looking for individuals that are excited about joining a team that delivers language access solutions, making a difference in people’s lives every day; bridging language and cultural barriers.
Let’s collaborate together and be a part of an energetic, enthusiastic, and talented team to achieve great things! Come partner with us and provide your unique talents joining forces with our team to design, develop, and implement software quality assurance systems and enhance our procedures. Join our team to support the development and delivery of high-quality applications in an environment where we are professionals with the freedom to create solutions.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be a part of a growing team of hands-on, passionate professionals developing innovative software solutions for internal and external clients.
In this role, you will:
- Create test plans and test cases and efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products and solutions
- Test code manually as well as create and utilize automated testing to enable the team to be more efficient and effective
- Report issues related to complex problems using log files and write automated scripts to aid in testing
- Analyze technical design documentation to better understand features to help us deliver quality software
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through to resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented in an environment that encourages collaboration and open communications
- Obtain a working knowledge of the database and software architecture used by the applications to be able to identify failure points and to know how it may or may not impact the testing efforts for software releases
- Work seamlessly in a multi-vendor environment to obtain requirements, specifications and pertinent data to accurately test the applications. Keen understanding of the application business rules, configuration management process, deployment process, Test/Model Infrastructure, and backend components required to support the applications.
- Assist in providing recommendations to improve on the formalized testing processes, including creating and enhancing our test repository and test automation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, or a related degree, or the equivalent in education and experience is required
- Ideal candidates will also have a minimum of 3 years of experience using automated testing tools including evaluating, proposing solutions and implementing a suite of tools and processes from test case design to automated test execution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to train users on topics, provide presentations to an internal audience, write documentation, and interact positively with and receive direction from upper management
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Possess the need for perfection down to the last detail
- Atlassian Products: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo
- Automation Tools: Appium, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG Framework, Eclipse IDE, SOAP UI, SQL, Sikuli, Maven
- Development Languages: Java, Objective-C, Java Script, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Experience in testing Payroll, Billing, Reporting/Analytics applications and processes
- Experience testing one or more of the following vendor applications: Salesforce, inContact, Workday, Verint
- Experience in test automation for Thick Client, Web, iOS, and Android applications and processes
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!