Quality Assurance Editor
Any Location / Remote
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
- No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
- No Active Clearance Required
- Public Trust
- Communications & Creative Services
GDIT has an exciting opportunity for Quality Assurance editors (QA Editors) within our Health and Civil Group. As part of the Peer Review and Science Management center, QA editors will be part of a team that reviews, edits, and produces deliverable reports and summary statements resulting from the scientific peer review process. QA editors will edit a variety of documents for various projects for accuracy and correctness of language and style using highly defined procedures and formats. All assignments and work products will be transmitted electronically through proprietary database and information management systems.
This is a part-time, on-call, as-needed position that requires a minimum of 16 hours per week and up to 40 hours per week, based upon project workload. This position will allow you to work from your home. Candidates can be located anywhere across the United States.
- Edits and performs quality assurance (QA) editing on previously edited documents and other written materials.
- Reviews content for completeness, accuracy, and correctness of language use and revises materials to meet predetermined standards of style and format. Looks for inconsistencies of thought, development, or organization. May confer with senior editors to recommend treatment of material.
- Adds, reorganizes, cuts, or rewrites text as appropriate, according to instructions.
- Develops feedback for other editors regarding their editing performance.
- Ensures that documents meet specified editorial and client specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- Maintains knowledge of current processes, procedures, and style guidelines as directed.
- Participates in GDIT training via Skype or other designated electronic application programs.
Required: Basic Qualifications
- Strong written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 2 to 4 years of relevant editing experience or an appropriate combination of applicable education and experience
- Experience editing using the AMA Manual of Style is strongly preferred; familiarity with other styles, e.g., APA, is desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of information management systems including Microsoft Office 2016 is essential.
- Editors must work a minimum of 200 hours per year. Assignments will be delegated as needed and based on project demand, workload, and candidate availability; some tasks must be completed within a 24-hour turnaround. The duration of each assignment varies.
- Prefer a master’s degree in English, journalism, or a scientific, health, or medical field
- Experience in scientific/medical editing/writing
- Experience in peer review summary statement editing
# of Openings: 1
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Telecommuting Options: Telecommuting 100%
Work Location:USA MD Home Office (MDHOME)
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.