Quality Assurance Editor at Verywell Health
Quality Assurance Editor, Verywell
- Contract / Freelance
- United States
About Your Role:
As a contract Quality Assurance Editor for Verywell Health and Fit, Family, Mind, you will help to improve the work of our remote editors, who work on our sizeable cache of existing articles, to enhance the reader experience and ensure the accuracy of all of our content, both old and new. You will review the work of remote contract editors, ensuring all articles meet quality standards, follow project instructions, and adhere to brand guidelines. You will also offer editors feedback and revisions to improve the overall editing process. This contract position requires a 40-hour weekly commitment. The rate for this role is commensurate with experience.
About Your Contributions:
- You will review and edit updated articles, ensuring that the updates follow the project instructions and the guidelines for the brand and Dotdash. You’ll ensure the content puts the reader first—all while meeting the Dotdash standard for quality content.
- You will coach newly-hired editors throughout their first few projects, providing them with feedback on each article they update and notes for revisions, when necessary.
- You will spot check veteran editors’ work to ensure they continue to meet the Dotdash standards, and provide them with feedback.
- You have a strong background in health and medical reporting/research/writing. You understand the nuances in health content and the need for strict standards of accuracy.
- You’re able to easily adopt an established brand voice, and you adhere to strict brand and style guidelines like a pro.
- You’re a great editor, and consider yourself “nit-picky” at times. You know the difference between an en-dash and an em-dash.
- You’re comfortable working in a content management system and can work quickly, independently, and accurately.
- You are an excellent communicator, and are comfortable giving feedback, whether positive or negative, to a team member.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 100 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Spruce, The Balance, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, Treehugger and ThoughtCo.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!