Title: QA Analyst – Part Time, Temporary
Location: Washington, DC, New York, Remote
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
We’re seeking a smart, highly-motivated and detail-oriented part-time quality assurance analyst to join our growing product staff. As a member of the QA team, you’ll work directly with other like-minded individuals to ensure that application functionality is thoroughly and properly tested prior to production deploys. In addition to performing testing across various operating systems, browsers and devices, you will collaborate with developers, create bug reports and provide necessary feedback on defects in both written and verbal form.
An ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment and has the ability to multitask. They are eager to assist in surfacing issues and concerns in order to deliver the best user experience possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn and apply established testing procedures
- Aid in the creation and execution of test plans
- Troubleshoot site problems and reproduce bugs
- Enter accurate high-quality bug reports based on defined standards into bug tracking system
- Test and verify bug fixes
- Work with and provide clear, concise and relevant feedback to developers, designers and senior team members
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous software testing experience (1-2 years)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of test processes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with various operating systems, browsers and devices
- Able to follow direction and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with bug tracking software
- A passion for online media and journalism/storytelling
About working at Vox Media:
This is a paid, part-time, temporary position without benefits. QA Analyst will work approximately 25-29 hours per week. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun all while maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply. If the above doesn’t describe you perfectly, please get in touch anyway and tell us why you want to work with us. Candidates can be based out of any of our US-based Vox Media offices, or may work remotely from anywhere within the major US time zones (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific).
For more on the things we’re building and problems we’re solving, and what it’s like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to provide an inclusive and respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.