Promet is looking to hire a Web QA Tester to work with its established team of Drupal professionals in Chicago. The Web QA tester will be working with our QA teams on the build of automation frameworks, automated testing, and manual testing. We are looking for a Web QA Tester with great organizational and interpersonal skills that is experienced and driven toward code excellence. They must have experience in quality assurance for multiple software development teams: web, desktop, APIs, backend systems.
Promet Source is a global web and mobile application development company with offices in Chicago, USA and Cebu, Philippines. We are a full service technology firm that delivers high-value consulting and software development solutions that clients need to grow their business. As a leading technology provider of web services, we focus on complex web development, support, mobile applications, and strategic marketing. We are dedicated to open source software solutions by providing managed services for Drupal-based websites, products, and applications.
- You are a team player and will be interacting and cooperating with the development groups.
- Experience developing and implementing efficient QA processes and best practices in agile development methodologies.
- Ability to code.
- Experience with test automation: UI applications and backend APIs.
- Successful experience leading and deploying test automation from scratch.
- Customer focus and a passion for building great products.
- Superb analytical skills, excellent communication, strong team ethic, and attention to details – be meticulous!
- Experience in QA of two or more of the following: web, mobile, desktop, APIs, backend systems.
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Experience writing automated tests using Behat
- Experience writing tests using CodeCeption
- Strong understanding of best practices of PHP development
- Experience in Drupal development is a HUGE plus
- HTML, CSS expertise
- Ability to develop in PHP/MySQL
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL development techniques: using GIT for code checkouts, version control, and deployment techniques.
- Bonus Knowledge
- Understanding of Apache/nginx configuration
- High availability configuration for CMS driven websites
- MySQL skills
- Mobile Web App Development (Apple or Android)
- Trouble shooting issues that occur at the server level, related to database throughput, preprocessor configuration, memory resident storage, and more.
- Continuous Integration, Behat or Selenium tests
- General understanding of project management principles. (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
- Strong work ethic, a drive for success and proactive attitude
- Experience working in small teams
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Must be a friendly team player who enjoys challenges and learning new skills and techniques
- Competitive base salary with bonus structure
- Great Benefits
- Ability for upward promotion
- Fun and Challenging work environment
- Fun, dynamic, growing team
- Office socials, events, etc