QA Test Automation Engineer at PresenceLearning
Title: QA Test Automation Engineer
Location: Remote, US
Presence is the leading provider of online speech and occupational therapy, behavioral and mental health services and software for K-12 districts for children with special needs. We are dedicated to ensuring that all students in the preK-12 education system receive the special education related services they need to grow and thrive. We supply exceptional teletherapy tools and software for providers to serve and support students and schools. Founded in 2009, we are a growth stage company backed by Spectrum Equity, TPG’s The Rise Fund, Bain Capital’s Double Impact Fund and Catalyst Investors. We currently have 250+ employees and 2,000+ clinicians working in our network. We are a remote-first workforce with headquarters in NYC, serving schools nationwide.
Why is this role important?
Test Automation for QA reduces repeated manual testing and ensures that regression testing is completed for every release. Presence QA focuses on usability as well as functionality. Test automation will cover both functionality, user acceptance testing, boundary and negative testing, and complex data dependency scenarios. The goal for test automation is to be able to have tests be comprehensive so that every release goes out with a very high degree of confidence that the features for our users continue to work well with minimal surprises.
What will you do at Presence?
- Create a test automation framework: work with stakeholders to draft a requirements proposal for review and approval; implement a skeleton framework with example use cases for review; and complete the framework according to feedback from stakeholders
- Develop and maintain test data creation tool by working with backend developers
- Working with the QA team to write test cases that cover functional, negative, boundary, and UI expectations for test automation
- Maintaining a track record of test runs, updating test cases that have been impacted by feature changes, and working with software developers on ways to improve test automation
- Create test runs that focus on the features, user scenarios and appropriate regression testing, which will require understanding the spectrum, context and related features
- Do test runs and provide test results feedback to the QA and development teams
- Train and mentor QA engineers in writing additional test automation test cases using the framework
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years experience testing software, being involved in the software development process and with release engineering processes doing functional, regression, and UI testing.
- Development experience using the primary software engineering principles of modularity, reusability, abstraction, etc
- 2+ years experience specifically implementing test automation frameworks from the ground up using automation tools such as Playwright or Cypress
- Experience with writing SQL queries and working with graphQL or other web based APIs required. Experience with AWS is highly desired.
- As communication is key to conveying your work, you need to be able to have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Work well autonomously, in cross-functional teams, and in a distributed workforce
- A startup-person: hands-on, proactive, sees their role as more than just a job
- Having a keen eye for details and patterns, as well as being analytical, creative, and imaginative about how the software should and shouldn’t work–finding what shouldn’t be there
- Desirable: experience working with Postman, Behavior driven development (Cucumber)
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Passion for problem solving independently while also collaborating within and across teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through slack, video conference calls, and internal meetings
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Capacity to try new systems and iterate to make improvements to adjust to changing conditions and information
- Lead with operational excellence and a growth and proactive mindset, in a mission-driven environment
- Inspire and model creativity and resourcefulness
- Promote team morale
What are some of the benefits we offer?
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage include Dental and Vision
- Flexible PTO
- 11 Company Paid Holidays
- Benefits Package: including 401K savings plan and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- $500 home office stipend
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Eligibility to apply for a Professional Development Scholarship.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive.
This role is also eligible to participate in Presence’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
An employee’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, and market conditions.
Where is this position located?
- Presence is headquartered in New York with our clients located throughout the U.S.
- This is a remote position
- This position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance
- This position may require additional travel for special projects, offsites, and events.
- All employees commit to being available on-camera for our Core Working Hours, noon-5 pm EST M-F.