QA Manager at Nextiva
- Remote – US
At Nextiva, we don’t study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; instead, we look to be the leader in defining the trends, during these unprecedented times.
We strive to be the best of the best across multiple technology channels – UCaaS and SaaS to name a few. We are determined to help write the future for businesses around the globe by creating innovative products and an agnostic platform that delivers first-class communications tools in the hands of every business. We are a global team of the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications.
We are actively looking for amazing people, like you, to join our team!
Nextiva is currently seeking to enhance our team by adding an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to our QA organization. As a Manager, Quality Assurance, you will work partner with our Product Development teams to take a customer-focused approach to deliver top quality business communications software. You will be responsible for creating test plans, coordinating testing activities, executing test cases, documenting bugs, and leading a team of QA engineers to ensure the quality of the product.
- Develop high quality test strategies, test plans, test scenarios and test cases from complicated software business requirements and provide effort estimates on test development, execution and for other tasks in tracking system (Jira etc.)
- Develop Load, Stress, Security and Compatibility testing requirements
- Mentors and grows manual and automation team
- Promotes quality mindset within organization working closely with product, development, support teams
- Design and build functional, system, integration, regression, automation and performance testing based on task assignment; report, track and follow up on product in a timely manner with development
- Maintain a strong knowledge base for a suite of technically complex products and participate in agile SDLC meetings on QA deliverables
- Support continuous improvement of the current & existing software quality assurance methodologies process
- Provides testing services that mitigate the risk of software defects and increase the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of Nextiva software solutions
- Analyzes failure/success of automated scripts and makes modifications as required
- Create documented test cases to perform multiple tests on software systems
- Verifies software operation to ensure functional and technical requirements have been met
- Performs system integration, functional, regression, and user interface testing on applications prior to production releases
- Oversees execution of test plan, continually analyzing test efforts for completeness
- Creates and facilitates User Acceptance testing, as needed
- Creates, modifies, and validates test cases and defects
- Develops functional expertise on multiple systems supported by the QA group
- Prepares test plan documentation. Maintains regression test plans
- Provides status reports to include items as current state of test effort, test metrics, time allocated, problems found, enhancements requested as a result of new functionality, and defect status
- Leads test effort for major releases, as needed; serves as secondary tester on critical application release
Includes required, preferred and percentage of travel, if applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent working experience required
- 5+ years of software quality assurance experience
- SDLC and Agile principles and methodologies
- Experience with both manual and automated test case development and documentation, test case design techniques
- Solid understanding of software development practices, documentation, code reviews, defect tracking
- Solid experience in testing mobile applications (Android, IOS)
- Understanding of TestFlight / or similar services
- Experience with mobile emulators
- Experience with Cypress and Selenium/other Java based framework.
- Understanding of Browser stack or similar tool for compatibility and mobile testing.
- Experience in testing native mobile applications
- Experience in telecommunications and/or CRM software
- Experience with Test Case Management tools (TestRail)
- Experience with Atlassian products and integrations (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- High proficiency in debugging tools: Android Debug Bridge, Xcode, Debug
- Experience with the SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Solid understanding on SQL/relational database concepts
- Familiarity with personal computer operating systems such as UNIX and Windows
- General understanding of basic database structure concepts
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle, specifically with the agile test methodology
- Understanding and familiarity of Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Understanding of Python, Java, Maven, TestNG, Cypress, Rest Assured, Allure, Splunk, ELK (Kibana)
- Understanding of Quality Assurance trends and tools
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability and initiative to work independently as well as motivate a team and mentor individuals
- Inquisitive and analytical
So, why Nextiva?
Our people do amazing things to help businesses solve their toughest challenges. Really, they do. We simplify the way businesses communicate, creating innovative and affordable solutions for businesses of all sizes. We acquired our first customer in 2008 and today thousands use our tools and platform. Talented team members around the globe embrace Amazing Service – this culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and one another. We are passionate about Nextiva’s unique culture and are looking for like-minded individuals that share our values and vision.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!