Who We Are
FlexJobs’ mission is to help people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 14 years, and from day one have been committed to serving all of our stakeholders with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about culture and our current team, you can visit our Careers and Team & Culture pages.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
The QA Lead will be responsible for leading the daily activities of the QA team. You will guide the team to create test scripts, executing functional, regression, and stress testing; managing issues in Jira; and managing release cycle requests in QA.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience with manual and automated testing of websites and mobile apps ideally in the job search industry. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow Quality Assurance best practices. They will have solid technical skills to develop, modify, and execute manual and automated software tests and use testing tools and methodologies to achieve the test objectives. They will understand the benefits of test automation and will have been part of a team that has successfully used it in the past.
Your Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 2-3 years as a QA Lead
- 3-5 years of experience in functional and backend testing of websites and backend applications, including ticket management systems
- 3-5 years of automated testing experience with Ghost Inspector or a similar automated testing tool
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of Mobile and App testing using Xcode and Android emulators
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Software Quality Assurance methodology as well as experience testing on an Agile team
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Solid test resource planning and test scheduling skills, including building effective software test plans and test cases
- Ability to thrive in your role and produce consistent results with minimum supervision
- Strong communication skills that demonstrate an ability to collaborate with not only other QA team members but with developers, project managers, and various levels of management
- Good working knowledge with Confluence and Jira
- Solid understanding of the CI process and tools
- High level of comfort with GitHub
Traits Required of All Team Members Include
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Embrace integrity and good business ethics at all times
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
- The ideal candidate will be able to work until 5:00 or 6:00 PM MT Monday – Friday, with flexibility as needed
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Flexible schedules and a generous time off policy
- Ability to work remotely
- Pay It Forward initiative (get paid to volunteer!)
- We offer many other supplemental benefits (critical illness, legal, etc) and stipends (office, wellness, professional development)
- Sustainable Office Perks
- CO Residents Only: Salary range is $60,000-70,000 per year
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we’ll need:
- We love a great cover letter! Tell us about you!
- Answer all questions in the application process.
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .markdown, or .txt.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.