QA Engineer – Connector
- US REMOTE ONLY
At Jitterbit, our mission is to make apps do more for the people who use them every day. We make this possible with solutions that democratize integration, making it fast, easy and cost-effective to seamlessly connect your data, apps, and devices. www.jitterbit.com
All of our solutions are available on Harmony, the world’s fastest cloud integration platform.
What you will be doing:
You will be using your expertise in enterprise product integrations to validate connector functionality for multiple endpoints, involving but not limited to connectivity, metadata, supported operations, security, and performance benchmarking. You will define best practices and be the domain expert in Jitterbit connector testing. You will establish and maintain test environments and assets as it pertains to connector testing. You will be providing feedback to all Connector product and development peers to identify bugs and make improvements.
You will be testing Jitterbit’s Connectors including those built using our new Connector SDK and our new low-code Connector Builder. You will be working with Product Management and Development teams to review requirements and design as well as establish test approach and write test cases for both new and existing Connectors.
Goals for this role:
In the first 30 days, you will
- Complete Jitterbit University training on the Harmony platform & applications and learn how to use Cloud Studio & our existing Jitterbit connectors
- Learn to use Connector SDK & Connector Builder and create sample connectors using both tools
- Become familiar with the Jitterbit release process in general and the QA process in particular
- Perform bug fix verifications to learn about our QA test environments and toolsets used for work/defect tracking, test case management, etc.
- Shadow a QA engineer in one of our release test cycles
In the next 60 days, you will
- Establish the overall test plan, write up test cases, and execute test runs within a Connector release test cycle while being mentored by a QA engineer
- Establish deeper knowledge on at least one of our main Connectors
- Become thoroughly familiar with the overall approach to testing a Jitterbit Connector
- Start maintaining our connector test environments and assets
In the next 90 days, you will
- Lead and fully-own a Connector release test cycle
- Be a domain expert on Connectors assigned to you
- Establish deeper knowledge on the Jitterbit Platform, Cloud Studio, and other Connectors
- Have a complete and in-depth understanding of the Engineering and QA toolsets and be able to train others on them
Over the next 12 months, you will:
- Become a key QA resource in all release cycles for both new and existing Connectors
- Become a domain expert and primary QA resource for a wider set of Jitterbit Connectors, and secondary to others
- Establish further knowledge on all Jitterbit product components
- Participate in the maintenance and enhancement of our test environments and assets
- Participate in process initiatives and streamlining for the Engineering team in general and the QA team in particular
The ideal candidate:
- You have experience using Scrum and a demonstrated ability to contribute as a quality engineer in an agile development environment
- You have a working knowledge and/or experience testing iPaaS/SaaS-based products or other cloud technologies
- You have demonstrated ability to utilize web APIs and technologies using SOAP, REST, JSON/XML to interface with relational databases, CRM/ERP systems, etc.
- You have experience using a variety of toolsets, utilities, and scripts during test execution (e.g., Fiddler, Postman, SoapUI, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.)
- You are comfortable reading and understanding vendor API documentation
- You are comfortable with setting up the appropriate vendor development sandbox
- You are not intimidated with learning how to use the vendor application
- You are proactive in participating and communicating with others to design and develop product features
- You will assist in identifying the gap between manual and automated connector test cases, as well as assist in running established automated connector test sets
- You are experienced working remotely with widely distributed teams
- You can have flexible work hours when needed for calls and meetings
- You have experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- You possess strong verbal and written communications skills, are self-directed and a process advocate
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.