QA Engineer at Simple A
Title: QA Engineer
- Location: Austin, TX or Remote – North America/ LATAM
[A] is seeking a multi-talented QA Engineer/ Analyst to join our distributed team. The primary skill-set and background for this role should be strong experience with the software development life-cycle (SDLC) in an Agile environment, testing large-scale CMS systems, and adding your keen business analysis acumen to your testing delivery.
You should be a curious learner, and patient teacher, interested in learning from others and sharing what you know. You should have a strong and natural ability to improve quality across software development project operations, as well as be able to inspire a love of quality within a distributed team.
This is a remote role that can be done from anywhere in North America or Latin America.
What you ll do:
- Support the software development process by ensuring that released code meets the highest standards of quality, both in terms of functionality and in terms of solving business needs fully and directly.
- Lead the design of test plans and facilitation of the testing process.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Work with business stakeholders and software engineers to document business requirements to ensure smooth development of software.
- Perform both functional and regression testing to ensure requirements are met and software development practices conform to established guidelines.
- Check and review test cases to identify problems or issues. Suggest solutions, improvements, or enhancements to better meet the needs of the end user.
- Validate quality by implementing non-functional tests for collecting baselines and measuring against them. Constantly improve the software testing process using automation and emerging technology.
- Manage the suite of manual and automated test cases.
- Proactively pursue learning on new practices, solutions, technology, and skills
- Develop QA/BA standards and company processes with improvements as needed
- Evaluate business processes, identifying gaps and uncovering areas for improvement
- Develop functional and non-functional requirements through constructing workflow charts and diagrams and documenting specifications
You may be a good match for this role if you have…
- 4+ years experience in Quality Assurance practices (must have current experience with Selenium Web Driver)
- Experience with Sitecore and possibly other Content Management Systems ie. Kentico, WordPress, EpiServer etc. (Preferred)
- Implementation/Use of varied commercial automated software testing tools
- Experience with T-SQL
- Coordinate test activities with all testing resources and other stakeholders
- Experience thinking about user/customer interfaces (UX/CX).
- Knowledge of QA terminology, methods, and tools
- Knowledge of BA terminology, methods, and tools
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA/BA function within it
- Sharp attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be a team player and work independently without much oversight
Cultural Fit at [A]
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You are constantly growing your own knowledge, and helping to grow the knowledge of others.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You are able to not only work alone, but also communicate within a team by sending updates, tracking time, and other forms of communication while you work.
What is [A]?
[A] is the Content Intelligence Service, and we work with clients to create a Content Intelligence System. The Content Intelligence System is a holistic set of people, processes, and tools that maximize content-ROI by ensuring content is coherent, self-aware, and quantum. By creating a Content Intelligence System, we increase the effectiveness and ROI of the content assets while reducing overall costs. [A] works holistically to build all aspects of a content intelligence system in partnership with clients and agencies. This includes not just the technology architecture and implementation, but enabling companies with the organizational muscles to drive content intelligence.
[A] Team Benefits
Being an [A]gent comes with its benefits. Work from anywhere. Advance your career on the leading-edge of the content and technology sciences. Earn a competitive salary, and for longtime [A]gents, participation in a profit-sharing plan. But many [A]gents find the best part of working as an [A]gent are the other [A]gents you work with and the culture at [A].
We take care of each other and we honor each other’s work and contributions to the team. We work to make ourselves better and our [A] team better. We make efforts to adapt new technologies and methodologies that can help us optimize our time, and we expect you to collaborate on these efforts if you re an expert on any of those fields. We communicate and reach out to other [A] players. We love learning. We love teaching. We write. We code. We support each other. For the right people, working at [A] feels like coming home.
What s Your Name, Again?
Our name is easy. Just say A. The [A] brackets represent markup, microdata, content intelligence. The letter [A] represents the start, initiation, beginning of change. We are going to help change the world with intelligent content.
Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
If this sounds like you, then write up a cover letter letting [A] know why you want to work at [A], what you do best, and what inspires you. A great cover letter will say much more than the resume (though we’d like to see that too).
Powered by JazzHR
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!