QA Engineer at Doximity
- Location: San Francisco or Remote (U.S.)
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected to ultimately provide better care for their patients.
We are seeking a passionate, self-driven Web QA Engineer to develop, author, and execute quality assurance tests across various applications of our web platform. If you’re laser-focused, dedicated, analytical, and have the ability to identify and solve complex problems on a variety of web and mobile browsers, then this could be the opportunity for you! Our Quality Assurance team is close-knit; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us!
As a Web QA Engineer, you’ll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, product managers, designers, and customer support in testing and assuring product quality. Your responsibilities will include daily estimation, planning, investigation, coordination, and test execution to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system. Above all, you’re responsible for finding bugs before users do and upholding the highest quality in everything you do.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don’t fit a mold, join us!
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll perform thorough black-box testing of our web/mobile applications that power Doximity’s physician community.
- Take ownership and responsibility of features through inception, design feedback, implementation and launch.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases and test plans.
- Identify and document clear steps to reproduce bugs and work with the cross-functional departments to prioritize bugs into sprint cycles.
- Understand what to prioritize and expedite in a fast paced environment.
- Building and maintaining great rapport with your Developers, Designers, Product Managers, Customer Support, and fellow QA members.
- Clarify inconsistencies between the spec and the outcome, and ensure that all teams involved are on the same page so that the final product meets expectations.
- Develop QA strategies that increase QA testing capacity and coverage.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of Web QA experience in software testing, preferably on different operating systems and various browsers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, hard working, bright, creative, proactive and an exceptional problem solver
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Experience with defect tracking software, Agile project management systems, and test case management tools
- You’re self-driven to improve the app experience above and beyond what’s outlined in the spec.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, yet you are flexible to adapt to change.
- API expertise (Postman, REST and GraphQL)
- Ability to think outside of the box and beyond the obvious to uncover behind the scene type bugs
- You have enthusiasm to dig into technical features, issues and specifications.
Tell us if you have…
- Working knowledge of Github, Ruby on Rails, and SQL
- Experience with RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium WebDriver
Doximity is proud to offer industry-leading benefits. For an updated list, see our career page.
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!