QA Engineer at Narrativ
NARRATIV is seeking energetic software engineers in test to join its growing team and develop products and infrastructure for its growing business. Our smart links are used across the Internet, with a vast number of interactions per day.
Our Software Engineering in Test team is composed of operations-focused software engineers who care about quality. We are building the infrastructure for a world-class load testing and regression test framework. We are looking for engineers who can develop test plans and structure test frameworks for large-scale projects and want to add substantial value to the entire technology organization. We are looking for curious engineers eager to improve the efficiency, quality, performance, maintainability, and reliability of the infrastructure.
Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full-time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Commerce is a massively under-monetized revenue stream because it’s been falsely housed as affiliate marketing to date.
Narrativ is changing this status quo – our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers – the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but – the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
- Build test automation frameworks that can be embedded into continuous integration and development process,
- Work with the SRE team to set up infrastructure for load testing and regression testing system,
- Work with senior engineers and tech leads in designing and implementing test plans and automation – read the code base and collaborate as a peer with the development team,
- Build tools and automation to help software engineers and test engineers test, monitor, and create test environments,
- Craft comprehensive test plans, and define the test and quality guild of practice,
- Support high software quality, reliability, maintainability, stability, and security within a microservices oriented system,
- Understand risk management and cost/benefit analysis for the testing process – how to prioritize the most effective tests,
- Knowledge of project management practices and the ability to document processes and procedures.
- A successful candidate will have substantial relevant experience in high-tech software development teams
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test
- Ability to diagnose and debug complex distributed systems
- Working knowledge of industry standards test automation tools
- Experience in coordinating multiple work streams across multiple teams
- Experience with cloud providers and their services
- Understanding of Linux internals, Docker, Kubernetes, networking, storage, and observability standards
- Dedication to continuing professional development
- Strong communication and organizational skills, motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A bachelor’s or better degree in computer science or software engineering -or-
- A bachelor’s or better degree in a STEM discipline plus substantial software engineering experience
Narrativ Tech Stack
One of the most frequent questions asked by candidates of Narrativ engineers is, What is your tech stack? This is a brief overview of our tech stack.
Narrativ’s systems are implemented as a modern microservices architecture running on Linux servers hosted in AWS. We use Kubernetes to manage our containers, we use Flask to construct our Web interfaces. We build interactivity in our web interfaces using React. We use Linux, and in particular Debian, Ubuntu, and Alpine distros.
We test each language with an appropriate unit testing tool – JUnit, PyTest, ScalaTest, ExUnit, and Jasmine. We use Jenkins to run our builds and tests.
Check-ins against the main branch require a code review by another SWE.
We keep some data in Snowflake, some in Postgres, others in DynamoDB, and some, of course, in MySQL. We build our product graph using Neptune and Gremlin. We are working to reduce the number of databases we rely on.
We stream data around using Kafka, Spark, and Storm. Maybe we will prune this list sometime.
We are not hostile to commercial software – we use AirTable, DataDog, Fivetran, Jira, LaunchDarkly, Looker, Matomo, and StoryBook.
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!