QA Automation Engineer at Notarize
QA Automation Engineer
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. There are over 1 billion notarizations a year. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age. Digital transformation at Notarize may require new products, new legislation, new partnerships, or new teams and new ways of working. We’ve never shied from doing whatever it takes to help people with life’s most important transactions, online, and we’re building the team to operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy.
As one of our Senior Software QA Engineers, you’ll help us design, develop and extend our automated UI/API test frameworks. You’ll also be responsible for the creation of orchestration tools and test scripts for our products across web, iOS, and Android platforms. You’ll also propose, test and deploy enhancements to our CI/CD pipeline.
- The main pieces of our back-end stack are Ruby on Rails, AWS RDS and S3 for persistence, Redis/Sidekiq and Heroku for running the workload. We use JS/TS on React and GraphQL with Apollo on the front-end, but we consider ourselves platform agnostic. Notarize platform offers a powerful REST API for integrations, which is a centerpiece of our scaling strategy.
- We have a rich CI/CD pipeline to automate end to end testing, verification and deployment of our applications. We use Jenkins, AWS ECS, EKS (Kubernetes) and GitHub actions to power the CI/CD and development tooling. We use Terraform to describe and manage our AWS infrastructure in production. We employ modern monitoring and alerting tools to observe the application, and make sure the problem can be escalated to the on-call team, or corrected automatically.
- A willingness to learn and experiment with new tech is much more important than hands-on experience with our current stack. Most importantly, we want thoughtful, collaborative engineers who are comfortable adapting to new technology and new opportunities. We are solving complex challenges to scale our transactional volume to 10x, 100x, or even more to meet the rapid growth of the company.
What you’ll do as a member of the Software QA Team:
- Translate testing requirements and acceptance criteria into tests and test scripts
- Analyze failed automated test runs, triage and debug things that are broken
- Identify, report and remediate test stability and performance issues.
- Perform initial analysis for technical issues and work closely with other engineers to reproduce and solve problems
- Research, test and deploy additional 3rd party tools to extend the capabilities of the testing infrastructure.
- Extend and maintain the library of reusable UI and API functions used by other members development organization.
- Enhance the automation used to continuously validate the functional, performance, migration and browser compatibility requirements of the system
- Own/drive/carry projects from inception though deployment and beyond
- Be on continual lookout for areas of improvement in the overall product release cycle
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in software quality assurance testing and automation development
- Hands-on experience building and shipping software and web applications
- Experience with Selenium, WebDriverIO, Cypress (or similar tools and a willingness to learn)
- Experience with testing RESTFUL APIs or web-based applications in SaaS environments
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing methodologies and practices
- A love of problem solving, and delivering innovative product solutions to improve people’s lives
- A deep sense of customer empathy accompanied by the drive to make things better whenever possible
- Concern for quality and enjoyment in writing and executing tests
- Enthusiasm for triaging, troubleshooting, and thoroughly testing complex systems
- A thoughtful, open communication style with practiced active listening skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people’s lives. It’s a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don’t presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!