Python Developer at ScienceLogic
Title: Python Developer
Location: Reston, VA or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer with Python experience to help convert our legacy platform into a set of more containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes clusters. Ideal candidates will be able to take an active role in reviewing/accepting requirements, building new data collection, manipulation and storage functionality and/or features that use this data to make the hybrid cloud manageable from a single pane of glass.
Who we are
The Software Engineering team is composed of small groups of highly intelligent and innovative software development and quality assurance engineers who enjoy collaborating on technically challenging projects. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing
Managing today’s hybrid cloud IT infrastructure can be complex and chaotic. As a Software Engineer with ScienceLogic, you will play an integral role in developing the solution by creating clarity and visibility for infrastructure for some of the largest companies and service providers in the world.
- Helping us make the transformation from a successful legacy product to a set of containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes, providing scalable, flexible services
- Contribute to building and maintaining highly scalable Python processes for the purpose of data collection, manipulation, data pruning, trending and analytics, etc.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of product backlog, as well as assisting in the implementation of features while adhering to sound Engineering principles.
- Take an active role in understanding and prioritizing technical debt.
- Contribute to the review and correction of defects.
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that is geared towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism, exhibiting strong time management and communication skills; as well as flexibility/agility to changing environments.
- Actively contribute to Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming.
Qualities you possess
You’re a self-starter, a problem solver, love to code, have excellent time-management skills and are open and collaborative. Plus you’ve got the following skills:
- 2+ years using Python and the ability to deliver high quality, production ready code.
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent experience where you learn basic software engineering concepts functional programming, OO design, threading, multi-processing, design patterns, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in Software Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years using MySQL/NoSQL and have the ability to evaluate and write efficient queries.
- Working knowledge of Linux, ideally with the ability to navigate, write scripts and work with packages.
- Working knowledge of developing multi-threaded or multi-process software.
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, from product backlog through delivery.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management is a major plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, and docker is a major plus.
- Prior experience in an Agile environment with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration is a must.
- A working knowledge of current build tools, such as jenkins.
- You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps platform sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.