Public Relations Manager at 80Twenty
Title: Public Relations Manager
Location: United States
Our client, a highly-successful consumer app in the mental wellness space with millions of downloads and over 1 million active users, is looking for an experienced Public Relations Manager to join their team as a full-time hourly contractor. This person will primarily be responsible for proactive outbound media outreach across a range of channels, in order to increase North American awareness for the company. Other responsibilities will include preparing and issuing press releases, creating press kits, arranging interviews, and contributing to key communications strategies for the company. Ideal candidates must have a demonstrated track record of success in achieving media placements on behalf of a consumer technology company, and should have a strong network of contacts to carry over into this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established name in their space, which offers strong compensation, great culture, and 100% remote work flexibility for a qualified candidate located anywhere in North America!
- Consistently identify, compile, and sell great stories to a wide range of global contacts
- Write press releases and prepare information for the media
- Identify key audiences and determine best way to reach them
- Devise and execute promotional campaigns
- Develop and implement communications strategies, and a range of proactive communications plans and initiatives to support the brand development
- Work closely with cross-functional teams on communications related campaigns and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+relevant work experience, which includes working directly with journalists
- Knowledge of US media landscape. International knowledge a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of market trends and competition
- Excellent relationship-building skills with a strong, global professional network
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; you’re a gifted storyteller
- Understand the importance of attention to detail; accuracy in your work is essential
- Able to think strategically and recognize an opportunity
- Proactive and reliable; you take ownership of deliverables and outcomes
- Confident using all forms of social media
- Start-up mentality: you’re creative and on a mission
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!