Public Relations and Content Marketing Associate at CanIRank
Title: Public Relations and Content Marketing Associate
- Location: Europe, North America, South America, United Kingdom, Central America
- Classifications: Remote Freelance
- Job type: Contract
- Experience: 1+ years
- Salary: $30k $45k
This is PR for SMEs and startups, where the name of the game is to hitch your client’s wagon to creative and interesting stories that journalists want to tell anyway, such as data-driven journalism, research studies, trend pieces, roundups, infographics, customer profiles, etc. Building authentic relationships with bloggers, journalists, and other influencers in your client’s industry is a great first step. Being able to leverage emotional intelligence / empathy / behavioral psychology to write a persuasive pitch seals the deal. If this sounds like the challenge for you, the good news is that you won’t have to go it alone!
As our new PR & Content Marketing Associate, you’ll join a friendly and whip-smart team of digital marketing professionals dedicated to honing our crafts, achieving great results for our clients, and having fun along the way. Your role will entail everything related to outreach and pitching: responding to journalist inquiries, figuring out ways to get clients’ content or products mentioned in websites and media, pitching guest posts and reviews, and collaborating with team members on creative content campaigns that will drive links, social shares, and media mentions.
This is a remote work, flex-time, freelance position. Depending on the task and your skill level, you can earn hourly rates ranging from $18-26 / hr or $25 – $300 / task. Other benefits include paid training, culture events, performance bonuses, and the opportunity to work with (and learn from) some pretty badass digital marketers!
- 1-5 years professional work experience, or internships of extraordinary relevance and quality
- Exceptional persuasive-writing ability
- Startup compatibility: you’re comfortable with changing roles, blistering speed, and figuring it out as you go along
- Passion for helping small businesses succeed
- Self-disciplined: you prefer to structure your own tasks, all the better to try out that new hyper-productivity system you read about last weekend
- Virtually extraverted: it’s OK if you’re shy at parties, but on the internet you’re not afraid to speak up, always remembering that there’s a real person on the other side of your monitor, and connecting in an authentic manner whether you’re pitching a TechCrunch writer or helping Milfred find a new web host for her gluten free dog biscuit store.
DEFINITELY APPLY IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ALSO APPLY TO YOU:
- Prior success in a remote work startup environment
- Existing blogger or journalist relationships
- Experience in an SME-focused PR, SEO, or Content Marketing Agency
- Tier 1 publication credits to your name
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!