Public Marketing Manager at Tableau Software
Tableau Public Marketing Manager
- US Remote
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
What you’ll be doing…
The Tableau Public Marketing Manager is a key member of the Tableau Public Marketing team and the broader global Community team, and responsible for growing and engaging audiences on Tableau Public (our free platform for the data community to explore, create and share data visualizations about relatable everyday topics of personal interest like sports, music, and health). This role is responsible for driving awareness about Tableau Public, increasing registered users via acquisition and retention marketing, and producing content to drive deeper engagement on the platform.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Drive acquisition of Tableau Public users – Plan and lead acquisition of new Tableau Public users via email onboarding and “nurture” programs, driving creative Tableau Public marketing campaign efforts and collaborating on broader cross-functional initiatives (including live and virtual Tableau events).
- Lead and produce engagement content for Tableau Public’s blog and social channels – Manage and drive content strategy for Tableau Public’s blog, website, and social media presence, proactively finding new methods to deepen engagement, amplify Tableau Public “influencers” and celebrate diversity.
- Drive awareness of Tableau Public – Evangelize and advocate for Tableau Public within the organization, regularly presenting to teams cross-functionally and acting as subject matter expert.
- Report on and grow key performance metrics – Identify, track, analyze, and present engagement metrics to key stakeholders, communicating performance progress and determining optimization strategies
Who you are…
- Educated. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experienced. 5+ years’ experience in Marketing, PR or Journalism
- Domain. Ability to understand the overall Tableau marketing strategy, processes, and how Tableau Public impacts and leverages it, as well as the ability to understand the Tableau Public user’s broader world context and how to best engage and communicate with them
- Cross-Cultural Leadership. Easily present and advocate for Tableau Public to different internal audiences, coordinating and managing within a matrix organization and proactively driving cross-functional collaboration on campaigns to deliver maximum impact
- Strong Communication and presentation skills. Clear communicator and storyteller with ability to create compelling content and campaigns that audiences will care about and engage with
- Relentlessly High Standards. Program management experience that is detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven. Ability to own projects from strategy to plan to implementation at scale, creating and designing marketing campaigns, narratives, content, and activations that deliver specific performance metrics
- Energy and Creativity. Experience developing and understanding different marketing engagement content formats, with the ability to understand and use different marketing channels to drive, track, and report on different performance metrics, communicating and acting on insights.
- Technically savvy. Proficient with experience with social media across multiple social platforms and with content management/social business platforms such as Drupal or HTML; strong knowledge and experience with Tableau preferred and any experience using Tableau Public a plus
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!