Virtual Property Claim Representative – Must have Estimating Experience – 1900008
This position will be accountable for successfully investigating, reserving, assigning and settling first party property losses while delivering superior customer service.
The ideal candidate will operate in the Triage model and handle all claims virtually by selecting the proper resource to adjudicate the claim.
This position will ensure quality standards are met with mitigation vendors and compliance with IICRC guidelines are followed.
Claim File Management
- Handle claim files in a manner consistent with Claim quality standards and goals.
- Provide high-quality customer service consistently.
- Maintain dedication to meeting or exceeding expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Properly assess the exposure of assigned claims.
- Utilize organizational and communication skills to have effective resolution of assignments, manage claim deadlines, and appropriately manage vendors.
- Develop technical and jurisdictional expertise, including knowledge of independent adjusters, contractors, vendors, etc.
- Set appropriate and timely file reserves.
- Identify and properly manage mitigation, subrogation, salvage and other recovery opportunities.
- Identify fraud indicators and initiate investigation.
- Negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with internal and external groups.
- Always demonstrate professionalism and establish credibility when interacting with customers; personally enhance The Hartford’s reputation in the marketplace.
Business Acumen and Technical Expertise
- Demonstrate knowledge of LOB specific competencies to ensure effective management of claims
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information and data; make sound decisions based upon the mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear succinct manner
Teamwork and Team Building
- Support and help create a team environment that achieves diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Build appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
- Represent The Hartford as a credible, trustworthy, flexible and dependable resource.
- Demonstrate courtesy, honesty, integrity, respect and competence when interacting with others.
- Consistently act with the highest level of integrity and adhere to general principles of business ethics.
Behaviors at the Hartford:
- Deliver Outcomes Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
- Three + years relevant experience handling field estimating for property claims
- Technical expertise in managing property claims of increasing complexity
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written, collaboration and negotiation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer proficiency in utilizing estimating and software programs
- College degree or 3+ years relevant work experience required
- Consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span
- State required certification exams and adjusting licenses must be obtained while employed during first year
- Experience writing structural damage estimates using computerized software applications preferred, Xactimate is a plus
Job Function: P&C Claim Misc Supt Roles
Primary Location: United States
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (11 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Remote Worker Option: Yes