Proofreader at BOSS Group
Job # 317267
Looking for a Proofreader who is available for a fully remote 1+ year contract opportunity with potential for extension! This role works to improve and/or ensure the quality of re-branded product labels and packaging assets for our client.
Job Title: Proofreader
Location: Remote (U.S. Based must be able to work EST hours)
Type: 1+ year contract; Up to 40 hours/ week
- Read and provide comment on all artwork labels to ensure: Accuracy of information copied from existing artwork, and updated materials, including redlines, symbol master, translations etc.
- Accuracy of references, web addresses, phone numbers and other data
- Accuracy of artwork layouts including information presented on the correct artwork layer
- Compliance with brand guidelines
- Correct usage and presentation of company and brand trademarks and logos
- Consistency and accuracy of layout components (spacing, capitalization, etc.)
- Overall continuity, consistency, clarity and presentation
- Proofread design and update corresponding Exceptions and Redline Documents
- Adhere to departmental standard operating procedures and workflows
- Ensure all client, legal and compliance annotations are correctly interpreted and addressed
- Provide proofreading sign-off on projects at final release to ensure accuracy
- Maintain strict adherence to deadlines
- Train new hires on proofreading procedures and general processes
- Create and update proofreading best practices and consultation guides
- Interact with production leads and design teams to resolve issues, negotiate revisions and verify information whenever necessary
- Communicate clearly and promptly with production leads and design teams
- Closely collaborate with designers
- Take responsibility to learn about company’s business and products to effectively accomplish role
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English or journalism
- Minimum of three years of professional-level proofreading experience required
- External or in-house agency experience required, regulated work industry preferred
- Remote abilities utilizing own computer
- Ability to accurately review complex materials, including referencing multiple sources of data with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Highly organized with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with the ability to prioritize tasks according to clients’ needs
- Excellent eye for design consistency
- Strong written communication skills
- Team player with excellent relationship-building skills
- Proficient expertise in MS Office (Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat. Adobe Creative Cloud with knowledge of InDesign is preferred
- Strong written communication skills required
About The BOSS Group
We make it easy for you to enjoy the work you love by providing great benefits. With an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan, weekly paychecks, holiday pay and a health benefits program, we have you covered.
As a staffing agency dedicated exclusively to the creative, marketing and digital space, we offer temporary and full-time opportunities with corporations, associations, design agencies and non-profit organizations. With 30+ years of experience and strong client partnerships that span across the U.S., we make sure each placement is a good fit for you and our clients. The BOSS Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!