Projects Coordinator at Linux Foundation
- Petaluma, CA, US or Remote, US
- Requisition ID: 1011
Linux Foundation Overview
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
We are looking for a Projects Coordinator to join The Linux Foundation’s operations team to continue to deliver high quality, successful facilitation, coordination, and execution of objectives for our members and the greater open source community. The Linux Foundation Projects Operations team includes many of the industry’s best community facilitation talent, who work together to support hundreds of the world’s most important open source projects.
The Linux Foundation is a neutral home for many of the world’s most important open source communities, but those communities often need assistance with someone neutral to help mobilize and move objectives forward. We often pick up the tasks and coordination responsibility that either needs neutrality or that no one in the community has the ability to take on given their significant responsibilities in the community or in their jobs.
This position is a remote, virtual, position and can be located anywhere in the United States and reports to a Projects Team Lead. In a typical year, overnight and weekend travel to events both domestically and internationally (approximately 1-4 times per year) will be required.
- Facilitate and assist project community on their initiatives, planning, and execution of objectives.
- Align internal stakeholders and delivery teams for a positive community outcome
- Assist project communities build their ecosystem through opportunities for visibility, including planning event talks, tracks, blogs, and/or press releases.
- Track and communicate with new project membership opportunities and assist with onboarding new members
- Maintain internal system records and data for projects and members.
- Work with project leadership to build agendas for meetings, gather requisite content from participants and take minutes for governance meetings.
- Work with project leadership to build a balanced budget.
- Work with internal open source experts to assist project communities in understanding best practices.
- 2+ years of experience facilitating groups, planning, prioritizing, executing tasks and communicating results
- Ability to thrive and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, virtual, ever-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, positive energy, self-directed, amiable, and composed under pressure
- Helpful and humble with a hospitality-driven ‘the customer is always right’ mindset
- Incredible attention to detail, organized, and able to ‘Move Quickly’
- Previous experience and/or desire to work remotely; ability to manage tasks, time and schedule with limited supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with members, developers, and team members; comfortable interacting with a wide range of community members, from executives to technical programmers
- Prior experience with Google Docs, Salesforce is a plus
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate about providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in open source. Open collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits – e.g., Fantastic health care, unlimited PTO, 100% 401k match up to $18k, profit-sharing and exceptional healthcare plans.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!