Project Manager, US Public Health Accompaniment Unit at Partners In Health
Project Manager, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit
United States Boston, Massachusetts Remote, United States
The Project Manager will join a fast paced and dynamic team navigating the multitude of work streams that the U.S. COVID-19 Technical Assistance team takes on. The Project Manager will join a group of several other managers who will jointly be responsible for oversight of PIH’s technical assistance work across many locations and in partnership with many entities across U.S and for establishing a coordination mechanism across them all. The Project Manager, in close collaboration with the Technical Lead, will lead project management and budget management for 1-2 project locations and support project implementation.
- Position Title: Project Manager, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit
- Reports to: Technical Lead, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit
- Location: United States, Remote
- Position Type: Full-time for 6-12 months (may include evenings and weekends)
From the earliest reports of COVID-19, PIH raced into action, working with our teams around the world to prepare the same comprehensive approach that we have engaged in for a generation. As the pandemic unfolded, it became clear that the response needed to contain the novel virus exceeds the existing capacity and expertise within many public health systems, including state and municipal departments across the United States. This reality presented an opportunity for PIH to consider how to adapt and apply lessons learned from other epidemics and from responses to addressing COVID-19 within the other countries where we work to the context of the United States.
Our approach to providing technical assistance to different state and municipal public health systems in the
United States embodies the same strategy and early investments made by the PIH team globally: supporting governments to control and prepare for COVID, minimizing community spread through testing and contact tracing, assuring high quality care, and providing social support to enable prevention methods. To support local public health teams and departments in this way, Partners In Health (PIH) will provide expertise and advice on the design and implementation of these strategies to fortify public efforts to control the pandemic.
The Project Manager will join a fast paced and dynamic team navigating the multitude of workstreams that the U.S. COVID-19 Technical Assistance team takes on. The Project Manager will join a group of several other managers who will jointly be responsible for oversight of PIH’s technical assistance work across many locations and in partnership with many entities across U.S and for establishing a coordination mechanism across them all.
The Project Manager, in close collaboration with the Technical Lead, will lead project management and budget management for 1-2 project locations and support project implementation.
- Coordinate the team implementation team throughout all project phases.
- Manage project work-plan organizing input from key stakeholders, ensuring alignment with budget and project objectives.
- Manage budget for the project in collaboration with finance teams with oversight from Team Lead using expenditures and activity timelines to inform spending forecast.
- Communicate progress and challenges to Leadership Team and partners.
- Support teams to troubleshoot challenges, connecting resources where available.
- Support teams to develop materials related to training of project staff and support training implementation.
- Support recruitment and onboarding of project staff, in collaboration with Human Resources team.
- Track project performance using appropriate KPIs and project metrics.
- Plan meetings among the project partners and stakeholders.
- Create a detailed project management plan and other project documents to support implementation.
- Produce project deliverables, including reports and other materials.
- Perform any other relevant, project-related duties when needed.
- Prior project management and budget management experience
- Experience managing projects that involve multiple stakeholders
- Proficiency in excel; experience in other data synthesis and visualization software (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience supervising teams in complex environments
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude, empathy, and strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals in distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Must have Technology requirements: Access to good/reliable WiFi; PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection; and personal mobile device to use for this job. No tablets.
- Commitment to social justice.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!