Project Manager Senior, Security Strategy and Planning at Starbucks
Project manager sr, Security Strategy & Planning, GS&R- Seattle or Remote
- Job Number: 200005141
- Location: US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center or Remote, United States
Now Brewing – Project Manager Sr., Security Strategy & Planning, Global Security & Resilience! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by managing the development and implementation of large or highly- complex new programs or processes that directly support Global Security & Resilience (GS&R) strategy & planning.
This partner will support business initiatives and projects within GS&R, including cross-functional consultation, content creation, problem-solving, communication and facilitator to diverse audiences. This partner will be responsible for leading multiple tracks of work, establish timelines and tactics for the work, understand dependencies to the work, provide a recommendation, and support the implementation of the workstream. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
As a project manager sr., you will…
- Manage Complex Projects – You will lead project teams in the development and implementation of large-scale changes globally by managing all elements of the project (scope, time, cost, risk, resourcing, communications).
- Design Business Process – You will analyze problems, identify issues, summarize findings, recommend courses of actions and lead the project team in designing & implementing new processes.
- Inspire & Influence – Build cross functional relationships with stakeholders to provide strategic and tactical advice on program/project planning and execution.
- Courageous Communicator/Collaborator – with peers, managers, and directors to support and make decisions on strategic initiatives and projects. Sets direction for & coaches’ partners to achieve results; establishes clear expectations, tactics and timelines for assigned projects
- Facilitator of Diverse Audiences- end-user engagement as it relates to education, training, project management and outreach that could support any function that has a need whether that be retail security, workplace violence, executive protection, Genetec end user training, safety and compliance
- Creator of content- able to frame relative ideas and design tangible content to support various functions within GS&R (crisis management, business continuity, physical security & preparedness).
Summary of Experience
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Progressive experience in program and project management using industry recognized methodologies (waterfall, scrum, etc.) (5+ years)
- Collaborating across functional teams to develop solutions (5+ years)
- Success in implementing change
- Requirements gathering and analysis experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate to diverse audiences
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, to include an expertise in creating PowerPoint briefing decks, including project and business cases briefs. Proficiency in Adobe CC is a plus.
- A passion for operational excellence and wants the opportunity to support significant impact by making the whole of our team great. Passion for business resiliency a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in being resourceful, self-driven, with the ability to partner, execute, and lead through influence and collaboration
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!