Project Manager Client Care Applications at American Red Cross
Title: Project Manager Client Care Applications (virtual work location)
- Location: United States
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States.
This is a term-limited, benefits eligible position for 3 years with the possibility of an extension.
The Client Care Applications Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that business needs for concurrent projects are met through timely completion of critical milestones and deliverables to ensure successful development, deployment, and user adoption. In coordination with the business team members and Agile Pod team, the PM will oversee project deliverables to support informed decision-making and risk management and coordinate with workstream leads throughout the full project cycle.
Manages team through all phases including concept, development, implementation, and closeout. Ensures that the project plan, scope, work breakdown structure, schedule, risk, budget, and deliverables are in alignment with the project goal and objectives as defined by the project statement of work. Achieves the project goals and objectives on time and within budget. Focus is on expediting the efforts of team members to achieve their project goals and initiatives. Work independently and guide project team while developing stakeholder relationships and maintaining confidentiality.
- Oversee focused planning and project management support to overall project team and workstream leads, in coordination with project leadership and key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Agile POD IT Project Manager on holistic, integrated project planning and management considering both business and technical scope, schedule, and resources.
- Lead project business teams throughout project life cycle, including project launch, development, and deployment and field adoption.
- Coordinate with workstream leads for thoughtful development and delivery of project related communications and change management tools for field users.
- Build and maintain tools for managing critical deliverables and milestones against an agile development timeline.
- Adjust schedules and targets as needed in coordination with project leadership and assist in ongoing definition of scope and deliverables.
- Collaborate with business teams and stakeholders in monitoring field use and feedback to support and define continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure correct assignment and assignment of project resources, and support prioritization of work to meet project timeline.
- Identify and support the mitigation of project risks and new considerations.
- Serve as a point of contact within project team and with key project stakeholders.
- Facilitate and lead project team meetings.
- Provide reporting on key project deliverables to stakeholders and leadership.
- Oversee team members’ milestones and performance as compared to project plan, scope, budget, resources and schedule. Provide for all communication within and outside of business components of the project. Communicate project progress and information to team, sponsor, stakeholders, and field as appropriate.
- Develop and prepare written project plans addressing, tasks, roles and responsibilities, risk, resources, budget, communications, quality and organization. Develop work breakdown structure (WBS). Perform critical path analysis and develop time-lines for completion of tasks, measuring the deliverable work packages of the project against the project plan.
- Manage and update project activities throughout the project life cycle utilizing the WBS, schedule, budget and required reports. Maintain and update project documentation to include project plan, work breakdown structure, schedule, budget, risk plan, communication plan, table of organization, change control log, and reports. Manage the change control within project. Obtain sponsor approval for changes to scope, budget, and schedule that effect the critical path.
- Ensure that scope, budget, and schedule targets are within variance and project delivery dates are met.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
- Education – 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Discipline/Major Project management, business, information systems, product management, or other related discipline.
- Professional Certifications/Licenses Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred and progress toward Project Management
- Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 7 to 10 years required
- Experience with large and small scale project management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to lead through influence
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!