Project Manager, Card Fulfillment Operations at Marqeta
Project Manager, Card Fulfillment Operations
- Delivery Operations
- Remote, USA
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is looking for a project manager with experience in payments and card fulfillment. This person works with our customers, card fulfillment partners, and multiple cross-functional teams on a global scale to ensure our customer’s cards are delivered successfully with the look and feel desired.
You will work with some of the world’s most innovative companies as they partner with Marqeta to bring their payments business ideas to life. You will build relationships with our customers spending time understanding how they envision their card as a differentiator for their global business. You will also develop deep relationships within Marqeta to ensure we are doing all we can to get our customers what they need quickly, predictably, and reliably. You will resolve fulfillment challenges and work through changes and escalations. You will watch for potential risks and have mitigation plans in place to handle unexpected events as we push to the finish line. You’ll communicate often and openly. You’ll be comfortable in a technical environment – our products are pretty technical, so you should be too.
If you’re highly organized, a great communicator, self-motivated, smart, fun, enjoy challenges, and love to solve problems, let us know! We’re innovative and creative, and so are our customers.
This role is about working with our customers and multiple cross-functional teams, to ensure our customer’s card vision is successfully delivered in concert with their program. Here are some key expectations:
- Customer Focus: You have an incredible passion around making sure to always exceed our customer’s expectations. You push yourself, and the entire project team, to ensure our customers are successful and have high regards for Marqeta’s service.
- Problem Solver: You enjoy problem-solving, and always thinking outside of the box to find creative solutions to challenges. When things get tough, that’s when you excel and rise to meet any obstacle, and get things done! You will use your experience to know when problems might surface, and stay ahead of it with a plan, so programs are delivered as expected.
- Know the Tech and Non-Tech: You get API applications and are comfortable working in a technical environment, where you are the bridge between technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Project Management: You will use your project management skills to keep track of all the moving parts to ensure we deliver what we promise when we promise it.
- Transparency and Communication: You are focused on communication of projects whether it’s progress or roadblocks, so all teams are tightly connected and know what’s already happened and what’s happening next. You will be generous with your time and energy, to your customers and your team.
In addition to proven ability to manage cross-functional projects, we’re on the hunt for the following attributes:
- 5+ years’ experience in management of Card Fulfillment projects
- Significant experience with Card Fulfillment processes and technologies (EMV, Contactless), network/bank approvals and card layout regulations
- Demonstrated international card fulfillment experience with knowledge of international Visa/MasterCard regulations and profiles and global card providers
- Experience with virtual and tokenized card fulfillment to provide guidance on what is feasible with these offerings and adhere to network and banking regulations
- Background in bank and network submission processes to facilitate the approvals or virtual and physical card products
- Strong interest in, or understanding of, the payments ecosystem, with a particular focus on the card-issuing
- Great organizational skills. Proven ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver multiple, complex projects on time
- Highly self-motivated and feels at home working aggressive schedules
- Able to build strong working relationships across multiple teams
- At home and at ease with technology, product, legal, B2B technology applications and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- A person of strong character and integrity, who contributes to Marqeta’s unique culture
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Rich suite of benefit plans – Employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Monthly stipend
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!