Title: Project Manager
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come and join our team!
SBG, a service-disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Project Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
The Project Manager will be part of the team supporting the Veteran Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program. This position is remote.
- Supports Veterans Data Integration and Federation (VDIF) program manager in condensing many activities across multiple technical teams into a consistent story on progress and setbacks for senior leadership on a weekly basis (at minimum). This will include, for example, tracking and assigning actions, reporting program status to executive leadership, management of schedule, cost and risk across multiple technical teams supporting legacy Veterans Integrated System Technology Architecture (VistA) and Cerner integration between VA and Department of Defense (DoD) systems (such as Joint Legacy Viewer (JLV), Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS)) across the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from design through deployment.
- Designs and deploys techniques and patterns to defer risk, ability to conduct research and identify integration issues with minimal oversight (must be self-starter).
- Improves knowledge management across the team through centralized action tracking in SharePoint and assigning staff to capture meeting notes and actions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience. Minimum of 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or EAD to obtain and maintain a Veteran Affairs Public Trust Clearance.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with supporting senior leaders with management of large projects; keeping team leads on track and focused (similar to a scrum master).
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Fast typing skills (50 words per minute or more helpful).
- Experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs is highly desired.