- United States
- Full Time
- Project Management
GeekHive is hiring a Project Manager who knows how to get things done. In this role you will be responsible for the successful delivery of marketing technology enablement projects for our clients. You’ll work closely with the smartest and most creative people in the industry to solve challenging problems and provide amazing experiences to our clients, our clients end users, and our team members.
As a central point of contact to our clients, you will have a significant influence on our company’s success. Doing this is no small feat. As a Project Manager you’ll demonstrate leadership skills to guide, coach, and motivate team members to reach their potential. Tactical skills such as managing Agile teams, time management, financial planning, issue management, meeting facilitation and status reporting will be necessary. None of our projects are one-size-fits-all. You’ll need to be comfortable sometimes navigating ambiguous project definitions and molding them into valuable end-products for our clients.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years project management/leadership experience in an application development organization as an individual, team leader, and/or development manager
- A record of driving successful delivery of web and/or mobile applications
- Demonstrable understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), application of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), and using them to effectively deliver technology products to market
- Comfort with switching gracefully between strategic (project management, account management, etc.) and tactical (scrum master, requirements discussions, etc.) contexts as the situation demands.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time & budget management, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Previous experience developing web or mobile applications desired
- Experience with Atlassian Jira & Confluence, or equivalents, desired
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Sitecore, Drupal, Episerver, or WordPress desired
Successful employees will be:
- Team players willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive.
- Curious – problem solving will not be a chore, but a welcome exercise to strong candidates.
- Excellent communicators with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Personal ethics combined with career-oriented professional ambitions are must have attributes.
Successful employees will be:
- Intellectually curious with a passion for personal development, learning, and teaching.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem solver who exercises sound judgment in complex situations.
- Possess ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel to stakeholders in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed processes and systems.
- Self-motivated and proactive; works effectively with limited oversight and direction; attentive to detail; organized; ably manages resources, constituencies, projects of varying size, and multiple and competing priorities and deadlines.
- Superior commitment to serving others with empathy, timeliness, accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism.
We offer our team:
- A friendly and fun work environment
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefit program
- Paid time off
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Work life balance
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.