Project Manager – MDM
Job ID: 2018-16412
Category: Project/Program Management & PMO
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About the Opportunity
DMI is seeking an experienced Project Manager with Global equipment deployment and logistics experience, excellent communication skills, strong leadership qualities, and a proven ability to lead deployment projects. To be successful in this role you will need program management expertise, Logistics & deployment expertise, mobile device experience, and Managed Services experience with the ability to interact at senior levels in the client organization as a consultative peer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive superior results in the management of deployment service projects throughout the project life cycle from original concept, completed rollout, and also ongoing support thereafter
- Manage a wide range of uncertainties through effective, proactive risk management
- Communicate regularly and effectively with stakeholders regarding project goals, objectives, deliverables, plans, and status throughout the project
- Understand, consider, and clearly communicate enterprise trade-offs on decisions, framing decisions as clear, simple business choices
- Create, track, and manage comprehensive, realistic project schedules and measure progress regularly
- Manage project scope and control project costs within developed budget and plan
- Ensure a smooth transition from the project team to the respective Operational and Support Groups
- Manage project work for device deployment and logistics working with client’s implementation team and internal team including Operations, Depot’s, Service Desk, Procurement and partners
Education and Years of Experience:
- 3-5+ recent years’ experience in large scale and complex customer service projects experienced working for a Logistics & deployment (Distributor or Manufacturer) firm or Managed Mobility Services (MMS) firm.
- 5-10 years of demonstrated Program/Project experience and expertise
- PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and usage of industry standard Program and Project Management Methodology, Tools and Techniques (PMI preferred)
- Experience in dealing with multiple of the following PM processes:
- Stakeholder– Ongoing, dynamic, active engagement with all stakeholders and not just someone who can create a slide on Stakeholder Management
- Multi-Party Integration– This can have various dimensions – multiple work stream management, multiple vendor management, multiple client business groups’ involvement, international sights, etc.
- Project Portfolio– Emphasis on experience in helping the client make decisions around “Doing the Right Things” as opposed to the after the fact reporting based portfolio management
- Resource– Strategic view covering projecting/forecasting deployment needs as well as tactical day to day activity view
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT or Project Management or equivalent experience
Required Skills/ Certifications:
- Experience in mobile device deployments & logistics
- Understanding of mobile managed services to include help desk. Depot, MDM, & procurement.
- Proficiency+ in all major software programs: Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project (MS Office) and project planning software
- Ability to understand, represent and integrate multiple business perspectives
- Demonstrated program ownership and systems thinking skills
- Ability to work (and influence) effectively across group(s)
- Organizational agility and ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to change rapidly
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and facilitation skills
- Strong relationship building/networking skills and ability to influence key stakeholders
- Good analytical skills and a proven problem solver
- Must be flexible, ability to be a creative thinker
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Persistent and Confident
- Possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with the ability to research, analyze and recommend best practices
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.