Project Manager 2 at PNC
Project Manager 2 (Contract)
- Project development knowledge
- IT software development projects experience
- Responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/sponsor’s needs and deliver on desired outcomes.
- High School Degree and Bachelors degree in an IT-related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- PMP certification preferred.
- 3 to 6 years experience managing projects
Skills and Competencies.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Advanced proficiency with all MS Office applications, MS Project and/or Visio.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinker with creative problem solving skills and attention to detail
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop integrated baseline project plans applying estimating models, identify resources and skills required, document estimating assumptions, refine plans and manage performance against them.
- Recommend best solutions based on understanding of business issues.
- Provide task-based schedule and cost forecasts and assist in assessing risk-based provisions.
- Capture and track program metrics and perform analysis.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them.
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
- Manage project closure initiatives, such as client satisfaction survey and closure analysis.
- Document and archive project activities, deliverables, tools and findings for future projects
- Estimated duration: 12/31/2021
- Days: M-F
- Hours: 8
- Hours per week: 40
- Flexible hours:
- OT: Possible on release weekends
- Weekends/Travel: minimal travel may be required. On average, less than 1-week total per quarter.
Contract with the right to hire if the need becomes available. Manager will look at contractor only.
Location/Remote Work: Remote
Business need for this role:
- The PM will likely work across multiple efforts due to increased demand within Retail.
Top must-have skills / Candidate Requirements:
- Project development knowledge
- Experience with management of project financials…budgets vs. actuals, capital vs operating, burn rates, etc. is required
- Experience with management of IT software development projects is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft projects or workbench is nice to have
- Someone who is assertive
- Leadership experience required
- Needs to have both Agile experience along with Waterfall is required
Nice to have
- Experience with vendor relations
- Banking background
- Data Management project type experience
- Strong organizational and communication background
- Ability to work with challenging stakeholders
- Years of overall experience required:
- 3-6 years
What will separate an average candidate vs a great candidate on a resume?
- Ability to walk through a project methodology process
- Strong leadership experience
How will performance be measured:
- Project deliverables
- Clarity maintenance
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!