Project Manager at Steampunk
Title: Project Manager
- Location: USA-
Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Are you a leader? Energetic? Ever worked as part of a program that’s Agile? Know DevSecOps? Know who Simon Sinek is? Want to work with a great group of people in a growing company? If so…read on. Are you intersested in being an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is seeking Project Managers who are technical, creative, hands-on experts with delivering innovative technology solutions. Ideal candidates will thrive working with clients in a consultative capacity and will have experience managing teams of technical personnel to build systems anchored around our core technologies offerings (Salesforce, Databricks, Google Cloud, Mulesoft, Tableau, etc). Responsibilities will include leadership of delivery teams for the complete lifecycle of solution development and deployment, from hands-on proposal technical support to prototyping client implementations and complete production deployment. This individual will ensure effective end-to-end solution design, to include integration with other technologies and solutions, driving high client satisfaction with the final solutions.
Some things you can tell us about at your interview:
- How you grow leaders and grow team to be self-organizing, motivated, and client focused
- What you think “client delight” means
- Your experience in Agile and DevSecOps
- Experience in Project Management and leadership that you’d draw from
- How you interface and engage with all levels of a team, mentor them, and lead them.
- How you want to be different that the rest…..
As a Project Manager, you will be the leader, driving delivery in a government client consulting environment. You will be a client manager, coach, menotor, and an accountable project manager with a proven track record of leading deployments of solutions in a client environment.
You will also:
- Serves as the delivery leader, accountable for completion of team delivery efforts including quality oversight and client acceptance
- Fosters and promotes innovative thinking across the client environment
- Builds and maintains client relationships, developing a strategic vision for clients and internal teams
- Handles challenging client situations and offers technical and business guidance & direction to client executives
- Manages staff and monitors performance and training needs to create skills expansion and career advancement opportunities
- Wants to be constantly learning and evolving!
- Is willing to roll-up their sleeves when necessary to deliver!
- Want to do something different, and build a company around disruptions
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- US Citizen
- Leadership. If you don’t know the difference between that and management, this just isn’t going to work out.
- Located in Washington DC Metro Area (No remote / travel)
- 3+ years working in technology
- 3+ years leading in consulting services
- Proven experience of leading the deployment of enterprise and custom software solutions in client environments
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving governance, program/project management, business process and/or technical problems
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working with Human Center Design
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and a proven background in consulting and project management
- PMP, Scrum Master certification preferred
- Federal Clearance Prefered (Ability get one is required)
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!