Project Manager at Red Earth Design
We are looking for a WordPress Project Manager to join our team for 30-35 hours a week as an employee. Hourly rate $25/hr. during the trial period and $30/hr. when hired. Benefits include medical health insurance.
The purpose of this position is to facilitate the delivery of quality work on time and in budget. You will work as a tech translator ensuring first that you understand a request thoroughly so you can interpret it for a team member instead of simply forwarding a request. Once a task is ready, you won’t simply pass on a link. Instead you will review and test the update to confirm that what you are sending back to the client is what the client requested. So while delegation is primary, checking the quality and accuracy of an update is important for maintaining our high standards, reducing back and forth, and reducing your and the client’s stress.
Though we work remotely, this position does require a quiet environment conducive to answering phone calls and a stable internet connection. Team communication is done via email, Slack chats, and a project/task management tool. We also hold video conferences three to four times a month to touch base as a team along with regular one on one check-in calls between each team member and the business manager.
This position requires regular work hours during U.S. business hours. You will need to be available for 6-7 hours each day during Pacific or Mountain time business hours.
There is no set vacation limit other than it needs to be scheduled in advance so we can make sure to cover your work while out of the office. Paid sick time is included according to your state’s regulations.
This position requires US residency. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and WordPress proficiency are required. Our team would like to work with someone who is modest and easy to get along with.
The position begins with a paid 60 hour trial period with one check-in after 30 hours and another at the end to determine whether it is working for you and working for us. The hours can be completed in 2 weeks or spread across several weeks as needed. Either party reserves the right to end the trial period at any time.
- Basic experience using WordPress: editing pages, posts, widgets, navigation menus
- Ability to interact with clients and team in a kind, respectful and professional manner
- Ability to talk to clients without using jargon
- Ability to identify priorities and organize tasks and people around meeting those priorities and deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Ability to identify or coordinate the team to explore alternative approaches to meet a need and a budget
- Willingness to learn new things
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Uses time efficiently
- Patient, positive, and supportive attitude with clients and team members
- Email marketing
- Email account POP3/IMAP connections/set-up
- Draft communications to client for update requests
- Delegation of project tasks to team members as appropriate
- Monitor task estimates and project’s monthly budgets
- Small content updates on WordPress sites only when absolutely necessary. Delegation is a primary goal of this role.
- Join/shadow on WordPress training calls
- Manage project communication between a client and the RED team for day to day update requests, larger or ongoing projects, and be the main point of contact who keeps things moving forward
- Acknowledge receipt of all incoming requests within 1 business day, even if it is a simple note saying that we are looking into it letting clients know that their request was received is extremely important
- Test/check a website after a team member completes upgrades
- Test features and styling on a website during a site build
- Be the backup contact when other team members are out of the office
- Train clients on how to use WordPress by phone call and screen share
- Assist with sales by creating estimates for website builds, and then monitor the time spent when managing a site build
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!