Project Coordinator, Digital Products at American Cancer Society
Project Coordinator, Digital Products – Remote #1828
Area of Interest: Public Health
Position Type: Full-time
Alternate Posting Locations
Minnesota – Minneapolis
Nebraska – Lincoln
Alabama – Birmingham
*This is a remote position, candidates from all US geographies will be considered.*
The project coordinator is a member within the American Cancer Society Marketing Department. The coordinator will support the Director of Digital Projects & Portfolio. This role will support a body of work to ensure that a department of about 30 digital product professionals operates smoothly and that back of house functions enable growth to support our mission and revenue priorities. The coordinator tracks each applicable task throughout its lifecycle and makes sure that critical information is shared among the various team members.
- Assists the Digital Product Director of Projects and Portfolio management with call coordination, sprint and backlog grooming on all digital products projects to ensure on time and on budget delivery
- Manages prioritization of all UI/UX,and Cancer.org content requests working with the Director of projects and portfolio management.
- Manages all requests for all digital properties from submission through coordinating implementation on our Digital properties working with the Director of Projects and Portfolio
- Develops timeline, sets, and communicates deadlines for key tasks assigned
- Represents the project at meetings, scrum standup calls and/or in group discussions as requested.
- Monitors and manages timely communication response and follow-up in our workflow tool (Monday), Azure dev ops and collaboration system or other internal Web-based software.
- Uses change control procedures to effectively protect and manage the scope of the project or task
- Ensures quality of relevant deliverables and stage gate requirements
- Ensures proper task and project close-out.
- Facilitate coordinate and document projects.
- Provide documentation relative to challenges that impede project completion
- Identify and implement team processes to ensure integration and coordination of projects
- Supports team in project management
- Provides day-to-day coordination and administrative support to the project team or project manager, including: tracking and reporting on projects; coordinating and distributing communications and promotional materials; preparing, editing and submitting timely reports and meeting notes as requested; scheduling, coordinating and preparing materials for meetings, conference calls, video teleconferences.
- Works with project managers to establish and capture internal project management procedures and policies.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of documentation for projects.
- May perform specialized project activities in direct support of the accomplishment of the project objectives and protocol.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The project coordinator must be adept at multitasking, as this position is required to perform a wide variety of tasks daily. While the specific role varies from task to task, the project coordinator is expected to meet necessary deadlines, communicate with team members about that schedule, and track work to make sure it is on pace to make deadlines.
When problems arise or if work is falling behind schedule, the project coordinator’s responsibility is to make necessary adjustments and communicate with the Director of Digital Projects and Portfolio Management about the issue.
Candidate must be:
- Proactive — Not only can you deliver, but you are a forward-thinker.
- Communicative — Be passionate about your beliefs. Say what you mean and show us you can listen to and understand your audience.
- Connective — Essential to be a partner is being able to build strong relationships with others on a personal and professional level.
- Organized — Details change by the second as our industry is continually evolving. Herding details and keeping them up to date should be your #1 specialty.
- Assertive — Diplomacy is key, but you must be quick to assert a plan (or ask the important question) that will allow the collective team to solve the issue at hand.
- And must be a CHAMPION — Stand behind the team with support & a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or 1 to 2 years project management, agile, scrum or related role.
- Expert in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Canva and Excel preferred.
- Previous digital product, scrum, Azure Dev ops, and Jira experience is a plus
Competencies/Skills, Specialized Training or Knowledge
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, on complex and multiple assignments
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Must have a proven and thorough understanding of the planning, creative and production processes in both a traditional print and digital, social and interactive world.
- Ability to collaborate across a large, global organization
- Works well in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Analytical and possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written communications
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft Office Suite products — including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The starting rate is $24.72 to $30.87 per hour. The final candidate’s relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more