Project and Program Manager
- Remote Location – United States of America
- Full time
Project and Program Manager
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we’re always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who build The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Applies a range of approaches to planning and gathering information in which to develop/facilitate/lead more complex Business Cases, plans and schedules (i.e. return on investment).
- You are competent in the use of planning tools, considers and develops cross-functional plans partner management
- You will work with numerous multi-functional partners and may work with government/governance bodies
- Understands partner needs and establishes effective relationships
- Demonstrates influencing skills to achieve solutions and taking care of challenging partner situations Communications
- Uses a variety of communications methods to deliver information relevant to the audience and project needs
- Is fully aware of standardized tools and template requirements and is a ‘go to’ person for feedback on the development of project/program management standards
- Has an approach to risk management that spans project level up to strategic risk management where required
- When faced with issues, you apply lateral thinking and analyses available information to solve problems and engages with teams to resolve
- You are responsible for program delivery of multiple related projects required for a specific business functional strategy. Will mentor junior project/program team members in project management
- You problem solve resource/budgetary issues with internal teams and external suppliers and conclude disputes successfully and independently
- 7+ years experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.