Program Officer, COVID-19 at Americares
MHPSS Program Officer, COVID-19
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Temporary Remote
Americares is an international relief and development organization that saves lives and builds healthier futures for people affected by poverty or disaster in the U.S. and around the world. Every day, Americares puts critically needed medicines and supplies in the hands of frontline health workers and develops and supports innovative health improvements in their communities. We are the leading nonprofit for delivering donated medicines and medical supplies to health programs around the world increasing access to medicines in more than 90 countries every year.
Americares is seeking an experienced, dynamic Program Officer to implement Americares MHPSS COVID-19 programming, with a focus on the United States. Working in collaboration with members of Americares Technical Unit, Emergency Response and U.S. Program, the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Program Officer will engage frontline health workers and deliver a menu of MHPSS COVID-19 trainings and technical assistance. Additionally, the Program Officer will support Americares efforts to develop an online repository of pandemic focused MHPSS content and resources for broader utilization amongst members of the healthcare community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver Americares COVID-19 mental health programming to frontline health workers. This includes webinars as well as small group, facilitated trainings.
- Work with pertinent programs staff to update Americares COVID-19 mental health trainings as needed for the evolving COVID-19 pandemic
- As appropriate, conduct one-on-one crisis support sessions with frontline health workers and create referral pathways for continued care
- Coordinate with Americares U.S. Program staff for partner outreach
- Coordinate with existing mental health partners and build relationships with new partners to expand outreach efforts
- As needed, determine obstacles for timely and impactful implementation and adapt as needed to meet program objectives
- Coordinate with M&E and other program support roles to manage data collection and regular reporting for implemented mental health initiatives
- Contribute to the development of Americares online repository of pandemic focused content and resources
- Focus on quality assurance and technical assistance in mental health and psychosocial support services
- Participate in and contribute to Americares Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Community of Practice
- Advanced degree in psychology, social work or relevant field required with minimum 5 years of experience. Additional degrees/certification in public health, global health, international development, or equivalent a plus
- Experience implementing mental health programming with health professionals, experience with safety net health professionals a plus
- Demonstrated success with training including online training and distance facilitation
- Experience in program development, relationship, and capacity building, monitoring and evaluation
- Proficiency in English required, proficiency in a second language (especially Spanish, French, or Arabic) an advantage
- Works well under pressure and in stressful situations
- Extremely organized, flexible, and excellent communication skills
- Certification in Psychological First Aid (may be done upon hire)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!