Program Manager, Teacher Success at Skillshare
Program Manager, Teacher Success
- REMOTE (US)
- COMMUNITY & OPERATIONS
As Skillshare’s Program Manager for Teacher Success, you’ll drive meaningful impact by leading the day-to-day program management and operations, and iterating for growth and improvement, in our successful Teach Corps program, and supporting some elements of our program for top-performing teachers, Top Teachers.
Teach Corps is our newest Teacher Success program, and was founded in early 2020 to support high-quality, repeat teaching on the open platform, and cultivate future Top Teachers. As the leader of Teach Corps, you’ll be responsible for coordinating and executing on regular programming for our Teach Corps members, including planning and tracking publishing challenges/contests, virtual community events, weekly Slack conversation prompts, and more. You will coordinate a small team of contractors, to ensure we’re providing a top-notch coaching experience for the highest potential members of Teach Corps. You will also provide support for the Top Teacher program, which supports the top-performing teachers on the open platform. In collaboration with the Program Lead for Teacher Success, you will coordinate planning and communications of regular programming (like monthly newsletters and weekly Slack conversation prompts), and provide coaching and feedback on teachers’ class plans.
We’ll look to your project management skills, natural communication ability, eye for detail, and personal touch in account management to ensure our teachers are engaged and supported, our programs are running smoothly, and we’re consistently publishing high-quality content from promising teachers.
The ideal candidate for this role excels in managing day-to-day program operations, has experience providing community and/or account management in a teacher/partner-facing role, and is excited about collaborating with internal stakeholders to support the success of the entire Skillshare teacher community.
What you’ll do
- Plan and implement programming that encourages repeat, quality teaching among Teach Corps members (e.g. quarterly teacher webinars and publishing challenges)
- Maintain and improve program records and documentation
- Track and report out on Teach Corps metrics and teacher progress in cross-functional settings
- Iterate on and improve ongoing program operations, in collaboration with the Teacher Success team
- In collaboration with Program Lead for Teacher Success, coordinate team of contractors who coach teachers in Teach Corps
- Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. Support) to ensure Teach Corps success, and in the broader context of Teacher Success
Why we’re excited about you
- You have exceptional analytical & operational skills – you’re able to own day-to-day program operations and streamline processes with acute attention to detail
- You can jump flexibly into a wide range of tasks with ease and confidence
- Your interpersonal skills shine through your ability to communicate clearly with a team and with teachers on different levels
- You have previous experience in an in-house, customer or partner-facing role and/or in community & program management
- You’re comfortable with a range of tools for tracking metrics, information, and communicating with teachers such as Excel, Salesforce, Blueshift, Zendesk (preferred)
Why you’re excited about us
- Impact: Your work with Teach Corps will shape how we acquire high-quality content and nurture repeat teachers across the platform at scale, which has a direct impact on our community as well as our business.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!