Remote – USA
Do you want to join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, who’s company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the world’s largest electronic manufacturing & supply chain logistics companies, Jabil is focused on hiring the best people!
Oversee all product development and design engineering activities through effective management of engineering resources within the specified region, support executive management initiatives, and assist with generating and enhancing both new and existing customer relationships and business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Recruit, interview, and hire management and engineering staff for Engineering Department.
- Communicate criteria to recruiters for engineering staff position candidates.
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor management staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Create and manage succession plans for Design Engineering functions.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Design Services team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
- Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Design Services.
- Provide regular updates to Business Unit and JTS management on the execution of the strategy.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to peers, Business Unit and JTS management on cost and cost trends.
- Manage creation and submission of project proposals and quotations.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical and managerial responsibility for several multi-discipline engineering teams spread across assigned region, consisting of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, tooling engineers, and CAD designers.
- Architectural knowledge in electronic, mechanical, and software products.
- Managing the ongoing planning, budgeting, staffing, and scheduling of personnel and processes for all engineering teams.
- Maintaining team competencies in current technology and design trends, continually evaluating staffing levels, and recruiting world-class engineering talent.
- Marketing and sales capability for services, products, and IP.
- Interpret and communicate customer requirements to enable development of services and operational capabilities to support new customers and business opportunities.
- Develop RFQ analysis and present formal presentation to customer; ensure key financial measures are achieved within each account, including profitability and RONA targets.
- Promote Jabil’s capabilities, footprint, and services to new customers.
- Lead commercial negotiations with new customers.
- Understanding of the EMS business model.
- Provide direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new equipment products and processes.
- Develop, determine and implement policies, procedures and programs.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Full time J2202657
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.