Profile Coach at 2U
We are seeking…
A well written and highly communicative Profile Coach to aid in reviewing, providing feedback, and helping our students build the professional documents needed to get hired. Our students currently work with some of the best companies in the world, from startup to enterprise level: Deloitte, IBM, layer.com, CardCash, and others. You will be responsible for providing feedback on, and guiding students through, revisions to their technical resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and technical portfolios.
High-level view of who you are:
You have a professional and critical eye to detail that will help enhance and/or provide needed assistance with students’ career materials and your professional writing and communication skills have been used repeatedly in either resume writing, career preparation, or human resource functions.
You are passionate about making the world a better place through skills-based education.
You are excited to engage with students and help them create a portfolio of documents that will drive them to obtain a new job.
In this job you will:
- Provide timely written feedback to students, using Employer Competitive rubrics, on their professional materials including resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and technical portfolios.
- Take a consultative approach, ensuring you are building a student’s confidence while guiding them on their professional documents.
- Communicate and coordinate with students over multiple locations as well as with our internal Career Services team.
- Collaborate with various departments to create or streamline team tools and processes.
- Participate in training new team members as assigned by the training coordinator.
- Run or assist with online student workshops.
- Maintain accurate records of activity through our software.
- Manage your time appropriately while meeting deadlines.
- Meet individual goals and metrics.
- Attend required team and company meetings.
- Participate in additional projects and other duties as assigned.
What makes you a great fit for this role (Requirements):
- Certified Professional Resume Writers (CPRW) and Nationally Certified Resume Writers (NCRW) certification is helpful, but not required. Those with career coaching, human resources, or technical recruiting experience will also be considered.
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to engage through text, so strong writing skills are essential, as well as impeccable attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision. Self-direction required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word/Google Docs.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to be a team player. Ability to communicate effectively across departments and diverse sets of colleagues.
- Ability to adjust rapidly to changing environment/workflow and prioritize as needed.
- Comfortable being on camera for conference calls with team members and/or students.
- Comfort level with ambiguity and willingness to take risks.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM is preferred.
- Solid tech and industry knowledge helpful, but not required.
- Technical sourcing experience helpful, but not required.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!