Professor, School of Business – Accounting at Northcentral University - NCU
Part-Time Professor School of Business: Accounting
- School of Business
- United States
What We Are Looking For
The School of Business is actively seeking Part-Time Professors with specializations in Accounting
Adjunct faculty members may teach courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned, guide doctoral candidates through doctoral dissertation requirements (as Chair or committee member), teach doctoral courses, and develop/revise curriculum. Primary responsibility is to engage students, offer excellent feedback, and inspire students to achieve course and program outcomes relevant to the core discipline. This position works closely with other faculty teaching in the discipline, Associate Director of Faculty Support and Development, Assistant Dean and Dean.
The role of Adjunct Professor may include teaching courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned, acting as a Dissertation Chair and/or acting as a Dissertation Committee Member.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Northcentral’s vision, mission, and goals and those of the School of Business.
- Promotes a graduate culture of scholarship, teaching, service, and practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to and capacity for Teaching through Engagement and using the NCU One-to-One, apprenticeship-style teaching model.
- Teaches masters and/or doctoral courses in the Business Programs.
- Participates in initial and ongoing training.
- Contributes to developing training materials and provides input on improving training, courses, and processes.
- Participates in trial use of new technologies and integrates new technologies into their teaching.
- Participates in faculty and staff meetings.
- Maintains contact with students via phone, video conferencing, and email through their courses.
- Works collaboratively with Academic Advisors to ensure student engagement and success.
- Exercises academic freedom in teaching course content and achieving learning outcomes in accordance with University policy, procedures, and curricula.
- Participates in program and student assessment procedures, program review, and accreditation efforts.
- Performs all educational services in accordance with NCU policies and procedures, the Family Education Rights to Privacy Act, Northcentral University’s Code of Conduct and all other state and federal laws.
- Complete all required professional development activities as defined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Tasks and projects as assigned by the Dean, or NCU administrators.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone systems.
- Ability to handle a diversity of details in order to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact the adjunct faculty, and students.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subjects to both internal and external constituents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other application in the Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience
- Doctorate/ Ph.D. degree in Business directly related to the specializations listed above from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years of direct teaching experience at the Master and/or Doctoral level
- Three to five (3-5) years of professional and/or research experience in the content area
- Research-based, scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article publications preferred
- Excellent skills in teaching online, a passion for teaching, and a commitment to learning to Teaching Through Feedback
- Curriculum development experience preferred
- Experience guiding students through the dissertation process preferred
- Must have personal computer and ability to facilitate online instruction and communications remotely
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!