Professor: Human Resources – School of Business
Remote, United States
What We Are Looking For
The School of Business (SB) at Northcentral University seeks applications for a non-tenure track, Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in Human Resources.
Full-time Professors may teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned and/or guide doctoral candidates through doctoral dissertation requirements (as Chair or committee member). This position also provides content expertise to the Dean in areas of criminal justice. Primary responsibility is to engage students, offer excellent feedback, and inspire students to achieve course and program outcomes relevant to the core discipline. This position works closely with other faculty teaching in the discipline, Associate Director of Faculty Support and Development, Assistant Dean and Dean.
The role of Professor may include teaching courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned, acting as a Dissertation Chair or Committee Member, acting as a content expert for course development, research, participation in shared governance, and service to the university community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Northcentral’s vision, mission, and goals and those of the School of Business.
- Promotes a graduate culture of scholarship, teaching, service, and practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to and capacity for Teaching through Engagement and using the NCU One-to-One, apprenticeship style teaching model.
- Teaches masters and/or doctoral courses in human resources or related disciplines .
- Participates in initial and ongoing training.
- Contributes to developing training materials and provides input on improving training, courses, and processes.
- Participates in trial use of new technologies and integrates new technologies into their teaching.
- Participates in faculty and staff meetings.
- Maintains contact with students via phone, video conferencing, email, and other tools provided for synchronous or asynchronous communication through their courses.
- Works collaboratively with Academic Advisors to ensure student engagement and success.
- Exercises academic freedom in teaching course content and achieving learning outcomes in accordance with University policy, procedures, and curricula.
- Participates in institutional and student learning outcomes assessment procedures, program, department review, and accreditation efforts.
- Performs all educational services in accordance with NCU policies and procedures, the Family Education Rights to Privacy Act, Northcentral University’s Code of Conduct and all other state and federal laws.
- Adheres to policies and requirements defined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Tasks and projects as assigned by the Dean, or NCU administrators.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, copier, phone systems.
- Ability to evaluate information to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact university stakeholders.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend and implement policies and processes to advance continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to process, analyze, and present qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subjects to both internal and external constituents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other application in the Microsoft Office suite.
Education an Experience
- Doctorate degree in Human Resources, HR Management, or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- 5 years of field experience in the above specilization, administrative or command experience preferred
- 2 years of direct teaching experience at the Master and/or Doctoral level.
- PHR, SHRM certification preferred.
- Curriculum development experience preferred.
- Experience with the online delivery modality of higher education.
- Experience working as a remote employee preferred.
- Experience in Higher Education preferred.
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
NCU will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Who We Are
Northcentral University (NCU) is a private, nonprofit, online University and a proud affiliate of the National University System with its headquarters in California. We are a graduate university, and a global leader in providing access to regionally-accredited higher education.
NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in technology, health sciences and marriage and family therapy. Our collective goal at Northcentral University is to improve the human condition through the provision of high-quality online degree programs.
NCU was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with access to a richly- engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically-rigorous educational programs. Today, we continue to serve that mission. Many students at NCU are first-generation graduate students seeking to contribute to their communities through their pursuit of academic growth, research, and practice.
Though we support faculty and student research, NCU is a teaching university. Our faculty dedicate themselves to serving students through a pedagogical model of Teaching through Engagement (TTE). The goal is for all NCU students, faculty and team members to be actively engaged within the University community. Engagement is more than just grading and giving feedback, it is an active relationship between faculty and student, a give and take of ideas and information.
NCU offers a one-to-one learning model, where one student is paired with one professor in each course, creating a more personalized, individual experience for students. These experiences are enhanced by professors’ real-world, practical experience. All NCU faculty hold doctoral degrees.
At NCU, we are widening access to education and reducing educational divides. We are proud of the educational opportunities that we provide, and we recognize that providing this kind of access to all students takes work and collaborative effort. We value diversity of people, thoughts, and ideas. Our global reach affords us the opportunity to teach and learn the significance of diversity – and the power it brings to our endeavors.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to help others fulfill their dreams through higher education?