Professor – Health Sciences at American InterContinental University
Professor – Trident at AIU-PHD Health Sciences
- Job Number: 43335
- Primary Location United States-Home
We are recruiting a fulltime professor for the PHD Health Science program. Professional experience in Health Science research is required, as is academic experience in teaching at the graduate level. This position is critical to providing a quality education for doctoral students and ensuring their successful persistence towards degree completion.
- Mentor students in development of dissertation studies.
- Chair dissertation committees.
- Teach doctoral classes.
- Support the Doctoral Studies Director is seeking and appointing dissertation committee chairs and members.
- Contribute to curriculum and course development.
- Contribute to assessment activities and reports.
- Serve on faculty governance committees.
- Engage in scholarly and professional activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Proven ability to inspire and engage students by delivering the highest quality instruction and support
- Ability to demonstrate academic rigor and fairness in grading
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to create and sustain a collegial, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to formulate feasible and logical solutions on issues such as student engagement and retention
- Ability to work independently and in virtual teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with ability to quickly learn new technologies and software
Education and Experience:
- Required: PhD in Health Sciences-related field from a regionally accredited university.
- Required experience in qualitative & quantitative research methods.
- Successful graduate-level teaching experience in a blended or fully online environment.
- Demonstrated experience in research and knowledge of current trends in the discipline.
- Experience in working with doctoral students through the entire research process, including defense.
- Experience chairing dissertation committees.
- Teaching working adults
- Experience developing academic curriculum using knowledge of current trends in the health sciences
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!