Professional Services Project Manager
- Remote – USA
- Full time
The Professional Services Project Manager is responsible for the initiation, planning, implementation and closure of all assigned projects. Calix Project Managers are responsible for managing scope, changes and risk throughout a project lifecycle and adhering to all department policies, procedures and systems used in the delivery of Calix Professional Services. Project Managers are also responsible for the financial performance, on-time delivery and customer satisfaction of assigned workload. The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, to manage multiple customer projects simultaneously, provide quick responses, meet aggressive deadlines and work with various functional groups within Calix as well as outside contractors and integration partners. We are seeking an extremely self-motivated autonomous individual with a proven track record in providing a high level of project management support.
Support all aspects of the Professional Service processes, including but not limited to the following:
- Proactive communication, including coordination and status with all project stakeholders
- Develop, analyze and maintain accurate individual and master schedules in conjunction with the customer
- Creation of detailed schedule utilizing PSA, or other scheduling systems as appropriate or required for specific projects
- Liaison between the customer and Calix engineer
- Provide project guidance and direction to all project team members, including 3rd party contractors.
- Review progress against plans and schedules; analyze, expose and resolve deviations
- Prepare, distribute and present reports on project status to various audiences
- Identify project level risk
- Proactively manage changes with vendors and customer
- Track projected vs. actual project financial plan
- Foster environment of continuous improvement by highlighting potential efficiencies in delivery process
- Experience working with telecommunications service providers
- Excellent oral & written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Calix products and portfolio
- Knowledge of Central Office and OSP Cabinet installs and retrofits.
- 5+ years experience in customer service, professional service or consulting environments
- Business and financial acumen
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- Strong technical account management, customer service and project management skills
- Strong initiative is a key success factor for this role
- Proven history of excellent follow-through skills
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, organization and negotiation skills
- Proven track record in meeting project deadlines
- Experience with routers, aggregators, ATM switches, bridges, DSL modems
- Experience with digital & fiber multiplexers and class 5 switches
- PMI PMP Certification strongly desired
Skills and Performance Dimensions/Education:
- BS/MS EE, CS, or equivalent with 5 years or more professional service experience in telephony networks.
Equal Employment Opportunity. It is Calix’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Calix employment-related decisions, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, and promotion are based solely on an individual’s qualifications and ability to accomplish assigned job functions and legitimate business needs. Calix does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy and breastfeeding), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status (including registered domestic partners), veteran status, physical or mental disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other legally protected criteria. EEO is the Law.