Professional Learning Trainer at National University
Part Time Professional Learning Trainer
time type Part time
job requisition id R 2022 759
The Professional Learning Trainer, Part-Time is responsible for helping to proactively develop, grow, and retain strategic, long-term partnerships with new and existing clients within an assigned geography or industry vertical. This individual will be responsible for working with and building relationships with a select group of clients and prospective clients to ensure they receive professional, effective, and expert professional learning support while promoting the SEC/NU System mission, vision, and values. The Professional Learning Trainer, Part-Time – through Harmony and Inspire – will provide a variety of professional learning opportunities that could include both foundational and deeper training on Harmony SEL, Inspire, academic integration, culture and equity, educator SEL, and more. They will partner with full-time Implementation Specialists, Ambassadors, and/or Strategic Account Advisors to deliver ongoing expert consultation with districts and schools to ensure a strong implementation and commitment to SEC Programs.
The Professional Learning Trainer, Part-Time will use approved program resources to help build the capacity of clients both in onsite and online professional learning and coaching sessions; deliver train the trainer sessions and support the development of the internal, client-sponsored capacity to sustain program use; participate in account management activities to ensure strong implementation and commitment; demonstrate professionalism and qualities consistent with social and emotional competencies as conveyed by SEC Programs. This individual may utilize modules, webinars, and other media to incorporate teaching and learning methodologies.
The Professional Learning Trainer, Part-Time will:
- Complete product certification and onboarding to ensure the correct processes are being followed and correct content delivery is maintained.
- Support expansion efforts within districts, schools, and organizations by providing high quality, comprehensive professional learning to promote their adoption and effective implementation of Harmony SEL and Inspire Teaching & Learning.
- Collaborate with districts, schools, and organizations to plan and execute plans to implement the program and to develop capacity to sustain implementation on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support to clients for the implementation of Harmony and Inspire in collaboration with regional staff.
- Execute professional learning and coaching to assigned districts and organizations as established within the National University System (NUS) and SEC Programs partnerships.
- Coach and/or mentor using a range of strategies to build confidence and competency in instructional coaches, teachers, and administrators.
- Establish strong partnership relationships with assigned clients including administrators, teachers and staff.
- Collaborate with full-time Implementation Specialists, Ambassadors, Strategic Account Advisors, and/or Client Success throughout the client onboarding and implementation process to ensure high quality and standardized approach to professional learning engagements, ensuring quality follow up and communication with clients.
- Maintain accurate records of professional learning delivery and account management metrics, including inputting and reviewing training data in the CRM system.
- Present content from a digital platform; guide and assist participants to access and work from a digital product.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in the development of professional learning products and resources.
- Use Microsoft Office product suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) to interact internally and to produce documents and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field required; Master’s degree, preferred, but not required; and, three (3) years’ relevant teaching experience; and;
- Three (3) years’ experience in adult learning (coaching, mentoring or training) experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in educational publishing highly desirable
- Project Management experience, desirable.
Competencies / Technical / Functional Skills
- Ability to understand, diagnose and plan for business issues, processes, structure, outcomes and profitability. Understands the implications of decision and actions, including a deep understanding of overall big picture of the business; capable of taking an idea from concept to reality.
- Aptitude to drive towards achieving measurable and challenging goals to support organizational success. Demonstrate the ability to focus on achieving results consistent with the organization’s objectives. As a leader, develops goals based on the organization’s vision, mission and strategic goals and objectives.
- Actively seeks opportunities to influence, build effective relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Ability to sense others’ feelings and how they see things; taking an active interest in the concerns of others, pick up cues to what’s being felt and thought and sense unspoken emotions and respond accordingly.
- Familiarity with Pre-K through high school, schools and community-based organizations for profit and non-profit sectors with a strong knowledge in child development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community making a positive impression in public forums. Ability to communicate competently orally and in writing, including public speaking, desirable.
- Advanced use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and enterprise resource planning application software to generate well-formulated business reports.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures and across the organization at all levels, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
Travel: Up to 30% travel required.
Candidate receiving offers will be offered a salary/pay rate commensurate with experience that vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. Absent exceptional circumstances, candidates will be offered a salary within this range for this position. Base pay is one component of National University’s total rewards package, as we are dedicated to supporting the needs of the “whole you” with our holistic approach to employee benefits by offering comprehensive well-being benefits for you and your family. For full details about our benefit plan offerings, please visit benefits.nu.edu. For part-Time positions, please click here.
Hourly: $24.86 – $32.32
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs more than 5,000 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, National University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.