Professional Development Facilitator
Location: United States
LearnZillion is looking for a Professional Learning Facilitator. In this role, you will facilitate in-person professional development and coaching sessions for LearnZillion customers. This is an opportunity to scale your impact and permanently change the field of education. This is a hands-on position in a typical fast-paced environment, so we are looking for a candidate that can help us deliver and refine our professional development offerings .
About the Company
LearnZillion is a curriculum company that provides the highest-quality core curriculum in digital and print formats, along with high-quality implementation and professional development support.
LearnZillion was founded by two educators in 2011 and is now used by more than 1 in 3 U.S. teachers.
About the Role
Overseen by the Professional Development Specialist, the Professional Development Facilitator will help implement and refine LearnZillion’s professional learning and training programs, with a focus on Guidebooks. You will help facilitate and support powerful in-person professional learning experiences for teachers and administrators in districts across the country.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the facilitation and implementation of professional development programming for a portfolio of district partners from across the country in collaboration with other members of the LearnZillion Customer Success team
- Represent LearnZillion with district contacts throughout their engagements
- Facilitate professional development and training workshops across the country
- Administer participant feedback and program evaluation tools to educate partners on the impact of our programming and to inform a continual and rapid improvement process for LearnZillion professional development and training programs
First and foremost, you have a deep expertise in the literacy content of the Common Core State Standards and are interested in how to create powerful learning experiences for students and teachers that revolve around that content. You are a teacher-leader with a track record of success in student outcomes and experience supporting and developing your colleagues in formal and informal settings. You love working with other teachers as they build their content knowledge. You get excited about curricular materials including lesson plans, tasks, rubrics, student work, and formative assessment. You love putting together learning experiences for other adults and thinking through how to support them in integrating new ideas and approaches into their current practices. You’re detail-oriented and enjoy look forward to polishing and improving materials and sessions based on your experience.
Things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Deep pedagogical content expertise. You’ve been a classroom teacher and have a strong sense for how students learn literacy, the misconceptions they have, and the importance of making instructional decisions based on how students learn
- Experience developing and delivering highly-effective content-based professional development
- Support a process of continual and rapid improvement of LearnZillion’s in-person and virtual professional development, including participating in regular facilitator trainings and evaluations of workshops.
- Maintain reliable communication with other members of the LearnZillion team regarding progress, strengths, and next steps for your districts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and win the trust of senior district administrators
- Practical sensibility – You know that materials and resources are only worthwhile if teachers actually use them
- Entrepreneurial mindset – You work with urgency and produce excellent results with limited time or resources.
- You live and breathe LearnZillion values:
- We champion teachers
- We polish the stone
- We embrace joy
- We practice openness and humility
- We draw strength from our lives outside of LearnZillion
- A passion for the mission at LearnZillion
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years as a teacher
- Formal experience leading successful adult learning in workshop settings and instructional coaching experience
- Experience with Louisiana Department of Education Guidebooks Curriculum preferred
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Available for travel by car and plane with overnight stays
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. to carry workshop materials and set up workshop room
- We are accepting applications and filling positions on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- $45/hour for in-person work, $35/hour for remote work
- Remote home-based work
Visit learnzillion.com/careers to find this job posting. Click the “apply now” button that appears below the description to complete the application and submit your resume and cover letter.
As an equal opportunity employer, LearnZillion (the “Company”) is committed to a diverse workforce and provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, regardless of any characteristic protected by applicable law. The Company makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs and does not unlawfully discriminate against, nor does it tolerate unlawful harassment by any person, including, but not limited to, co-workers, managers, and third parties on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions) sex, sexual orientation, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”).
In addition, the Company complies with all applicable laws regarding job applicants and/or employees’ criminal convictions, arrest record, prior criminal accusations, salary history, credit history, unemployment status, political activities, and recreational activities.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result.