Production Editor at SAGE Publications
Production Editor, Temporary
- Location: United States – Remote
To handle the production of a number of journals, starting with delivery of articles from the peer review system into the production workflow system or direct from the Journal Editor, and taking content through to final published print and online files.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the publication of a number of journals by the planned issue date and to the contracted length.
- Ensure individual articles complete the production process to agreed turnaround times.
- Advise journal editors, board members and contributors, referring queries elsewhere in SAGE as necessary, in order to maintain healthy working relationships with external partners.
- Contribute to the appraisal of the quality of work carried out by external suppliers (copy-editors and typesetters) on own journals by supplying feedback on request by supplier managers.
- Advise supplier managers, on request, on the services required by particular journals (e.g. turnaround times or specialist editing), to inform choice of supplier.
- Keep own manager and internal publishing editor informed of any developments affecting scheduling, relationships or budgeting, and liaises with other departments as required.
- Take responsibility for quality of metadata accompanying articles, as required by the business.
Qualifications & Education
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working with different U.S. copyediting styles
- Demonstrate ability to keep multiple projects on schedule at any one time.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience of working with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
SAGE U.S. Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Charter
SAGE Publishing is committed to being an inclusive employer where all individuals are treated with fairness and respect, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and partnership status, pregnancy and parental responsibilities, race, religion and belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
We believe that diversity is a cornerstone of a vibrant culture. We want SAGE to be an organization where the most talented staff and high-potential staff are recruited, have the opportunity to grow, and want to work. We strive to achieve a better representation of diverse talent at all levels, including leadership, across our workforce.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!