Production Coordinator at Facing History and Ourselves
Production Coordinator (Temporary)
- Department:Program Delivery & Content Development
- Status: Full Time; Temporary (18 mo)
- Reports To: Assistant Director, Content Development
- Location: US Based Home Office
- Start Date: Immediate
Note: This is a full-time temporary position (18 month,) scheduled to end in Summer 2022.
Facing History is seeking a temporary, full-time Production Coordinator to support the Content Development team in preparing Facing History’s educator content for migration to a new digital platform. This position will help evaluate and prepare Facing History content as we migrate to the new website. This includes: managing inventories of content, preparing and staging content, implementing edits, and ushering content and supporting the team through various states of the migration process.
Who You Are: You are passionate, experienced, and excited by contributing to a project of this scale. You have experience working with large amounts of content, data, and spreadsheets. You have helped manage projects, bring a keen eye for detail to your work, and have the ability to juggle multiple priorities. You are organized, flexible, and are described as a team player. You bring strong communication and collaboration skills.
Who We Are: We bring an “all hands on deck” approach to our work. We thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. We are passionate about the mission and work of Facing History and believe this project is an essential component of our efforts to scale. We support one another in our efforts and appreciate a sense of humor while we do our critical work!
- Track all assets being migrated to new platform; manage detailed content inventories
- Provide support to a content audit of over 1,000 assets
- Stage content for the new platform, including generating metadata, writing titles and summaries, and identifying and sizing images
- Coordinate updates to existing content in preparation for migration, potentially working with vendors such as copyeditors and designers
- Evaluate projects’ licensing terms and secure permissions as needed
- Perform quality assurance reviews throughout the production process
- Create Google Classroom compatible student-materials, including Docs and Slides
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in content production and/or project management
- Organized and effective project manager, with the ability to manage multiple needs and assignments in a fast-paced nonprofit setting
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing, proofreading, and quality assurance skills
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (like Drupal, WordPress), understanding of web analytics, and familiarity with SEO best practices and modern accessibility standards a plus
- Background in publishing a plus
- Experience with digital asset management; experience working with tools such as Brightcove and Photoshop a plus
- Creative and flexible self-starter able to work both individually and as a member of consensus-seeking teams
- Genuine commitment to the mission of Facing History and Ourselves and ability to articulate the importance of the organization’s work to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google office suite
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!