Product Software Engineer at TeamSnap
Product Software Engineer (Multiple)
ENGINEERING – ENGINEERING
TeamSnap is seeking an experienced Software Engineer interested in working across the stack to join our fully remote distributed engineering team to help us continue our impressive growth. You should be self-directed. We’re looking for people with big ideas and tiny egos. No matter what your “job” is, you’re welcome to suggest better ways of doing anything. We are all owners. Everyone has a stake in the company.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining a highly productive and collaborative team with experience building applications, APIs and services using agile practices and principles. We’ll be looking to you to take ownership in your areas of expertise and flex your eagerness to learn and work in other areas of the stack. You’ll be helping us develop great user experiences for new and existing features and products. You will also be a part of integrating several of TeamSnap’s products and services into a cohesive product suite.
Some things that are important:
- 3+ years of experience building scalable web applications and services.
- Experience working on a self directed agile team.
- Exposure and interest in full stack development, think “T-shaped” developer. React, Ruby/Rails, and bonus points if you are familiar with Elixir/Phoenix.
- Ability to break down requirements into small releases and increments of work to allow for iterative development.
- Translate ideas and business requirements into quality UI/UX design and code given a common UI toolkit and at times a simple wireframe.
- Experience in developing and consuming REST or GraphQL APIs.
- You take a product-first approach to building software where you care about the user experience and real-world functionality of your programming.
- A “Test First” attitude and experience writing automated tests using a TDD, BDD or whatever *DD methodology you jive with.
- Big ideas and a tiny ego. Tiny Eggo™ optional. We’ll accept waffles of any size. But no pancakes.
- Experience with direct usage of SQL and general database knowledge.
- Experience with git or Github as a version control tool.
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work as part of a distributed team in a self-directed way with strong communication skills. Flexibility, teamwork, empathy, a sense of humor and courage to challenge the status quo are must-haves in this environment.
Other things that would be nice to have:
- A computer science background.
- Involvement in youth or adult recreational sports, as a player, parent or coach. We’d love for you to experience firsthand how our customers use our product and how it could be improved.
- Ideally you’re a Polyglot that likes to tinker with new languages and frameworks to keep your skills sharp (e.g. Elixir, GO).
- Experience working as part of a distributed team.
- Experience with Docker-based development environments and Kubernetes-based production environments.
- Passion for great user experience – we have designers on staff, but we want you to be interested in what makes a great feature for our customers (whether TeamSnap users or other developers).
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Dolittle-style.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Up to $300/yr to donate to charitable causes
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
- We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). While TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, Engineering is fully distributed. You must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!