Product Regulatory Compliance Manager at Tuft & Needle
Product Regulatory Compliance Manager
- SUPPLY CHAIN – OPERATIONS
THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and world-class customer experience. We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost.
Together, we are radically reshaping how we think about sleep, mattresses, and shopping – and we’re just getting started. Want to join us?
The Compliance Manager at Tuft & Needle is focused on ensuring that our company adheres to legal standards and our in-house policies. This role will be responsible for enforcing regulations and quality controls in all aspects and levels of business as well as provide guidance on regulatory compliance matters. A strong Compliance Manager is well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices. The goal is to preserve the company’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course.
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Collaborate with corporate counsels to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Assess the business’ future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments in the industry.
- Develop new strategies to ensure ongoing compliance with existing products.
- Manage regulations and product certifications for new product, product changes, manufacturing location/spec changes. Includes drafting paperwork, communicating with suppliers and labs, managing tests, training new regulations, reviewing test reports, cataloguing and keeping test records to include but not limited to: 16 CFR 1632, 16 CFR 1633, California Prop 65, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX, GREENGUARD Gold, Intertek Clean Air, and Global Organic Textiles Standard (GOTS)
- Actively participate and provide guidance to cross-functional teams on things such as claims, product labeling requirements, product safety, product specifications, raw materials and their function within the formula, customs clearance and regulations for primary and secondary artwork.
- Oversee processes and advise on entering new markets from a regulatory standpoint.
- New product research on regulatory requirements, purchasing and review of ASTMs, consulting with Product/Supply Chain teams, documenting required records, consulting with corporate counsel where necessary, and then work transitions to the actual testing requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of industry’s standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
YOU’LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You’ll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We’re very proud to work with each other. We’re shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!